Manning Franchised

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by pettso, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pettso

pettso Starter

That can't be a good sign.

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Why? They were always going to do it.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Why in the world did anyone think they wouldn't tag him? He's only the second best QB in the league...

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. pettso

pettso Starter

I thought they would reach a deal. I find the fact they didn't pretty interesting. Sure, this happened before but when the owner says he wants to make Manning the highest paid player in the league and the deal doesn't get done... it makes you wonder who's preventing it from getting done.

5. Msut10

Msut10 Starter

Yeah I thought they would have reached a deal too. Thats a smack in the face for manning imo.

6. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

They are still going to reach a deal. No question about it. The tag is just insurance. The Colts aren't idiots, folks. They are going to cover their behinds.

7. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

The CBA uncertainty.

Why draw up a big new contract if you have no clue how a new CBA will affect the back end ,bonus accelleration etc.

8. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Not anymore. This isn't 2002-2008. This is 2011 now... and there's a big difference.

I would rank Brady, Brees, Rodgers, and even Rivers ahead of him. Call me crazy, but that's just the way I see it.

And this has nothing to do with hate for Peyton. I hate Brady and Rivers far more than I could ever hate Peyton. You can't throw 11 INTs over the course of three games and be considered the second best QB in the league. And even though he's a household name, I have NO IDEA why he was voted to the Pro Bowl. What a joke.

9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

He also went the other 13 games while throwing only 6 INTs.

He had a bad three game skid, no doubt about it, but he still threw for 4,700 yards with 33 touchdowns and 17 picks for an entire season.

10. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Fair enough.

I've still got to put the others ahead of him at this point in their careers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar