Manchester United vs Barcelona CL Finals!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Deuce Wayne, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

And we're talking football. Only the yanks and the aussies calls it something else. :grrhee:

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So explain why they fill stands of hundreds of thousands while NFL teams struggle to sell out stadiums of 75k.

All you needs is a ball to play, true. But basketball is the same way. Why isn't it on that list? Technically all you need is a football to play a game of 2 hand touch.

But the stoppages, the stalls, and predictability factor in with why it's not as popular.

3. Deuce Wayne

An estimated 3.5 billion people watch or play soccer.

Earth's population:

6.7 billion

Anything else? Even your technical bs failed.

4. Smash

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_FIFA_World_Cup_Final

I can only find the american figures for the SB, but I don't think there's 600M across the world outside of the US that watches the SB.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Only if my technical BS was a statement not a fact.

6. Smash

I only you'd shut up sometimes :wink2:

7. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

Are ticket prices the same? Does Tegucigalpa or Manchester have 2 or 3 other major sport teams to compete with? I guess NASCAR is as popular as soccer since they also sell out stadiums of hundreds of thousands.

Um, last time I checked you need at least one basket to play basketball. And, a football is special equipment in itself. Not many footballs exist in countries outside the US.

8. Deuce Wayne

Uh... your "fact" was just proven wrong. Learn what facts are.

Ticket prices, I'm not sure. They have tons more games though, so it's irrelevant. If the NFL had 50 games a year they'd struggle to fill seats unless they lowered prices.
    Do these teams have other major sports teams to compete with? Other soccer teams, yes. Other sporting events, no. Again, irrelevant though considering we're discussing the popularity of ONE sport.

And yes. When NASCAR does it WORLD WIDE, you may have a point.

Um, last time I checked a BASKET isn't expensive and can be made out of pretty much anything. If you want to say something like that- well, you need at least one GOAL to play soccer, don't you?

Not many footballs exist in countries outside the US, because there's no want for any. But believe the game can be played without a perfect football. And if that was done, and demand escalated- yes, they'd have footballs.

American Football is the most complete sport (strength, smarts, speed, strategy, toughness) in my opinion- but I soccer is just as great to watch. The current and future generations will know this as they're more open to things not-so American.

9. Deuce Wayne

Tomorrow is the day!

10. Michi40

Michi40 Lost bullet

Can't wait, one of the few games I´ll watch this year.

I pretty much dislike soccer, but being where I am is like watching the SB in the US, you watch it no matter what.

So CR7 will be on the field, Messi and Iniesta seem to be totally recovered and Henry too.

Is going to be a classic if it all goes well and they let each other play.

But i fear Fergusson has taken notes from the Chelsea game, and will try a similar aproach. In that case the game will lose some lure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar