Madden Curse

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Alex1939, Apr 19, 2012.

?

Do you believe?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2012.
  1. I believe!!!

12 vote(s)
    70.6%
  2. Yall stupid for believing.

5 vote(s)
    29.4%
  1. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

2. satkins2252

satkins2252 Starter

You can say something negative that happened to any player during any given year.
  3. Alex1939

The more accurate counter to the Madden curse is that only players with great years get on it... so it's more likely for them not to have back to back great seasons.

That said, the magnitude of the drop off is pretty amazing.
  4. Alex1939

The more damning thing about the curse to me is not just the one year thing, it's that most players go downhill for their career.

Garriston Hearst, Barry Sanders retires, Eddie never averages above 3.4 again, Dante Culpepper, Marshall Faulk never got over 1000 yards again and had multiple knee injuries, Michael Vick!!!, Shaun Alexander, VINCE YOUNG!!!, Favre sexual harrasment scandal.

As much as it pains me to say killer Ray Lewis survived the curse. Yet to be seen about Fitz and Hillis. Brees rebounded great last season BUT now the bounty scandal...
  5. Gunny

Gunny Lord and Master Tip Jar Donor

Hearst had a pretty solid comeback when he got back from that ankle injury
  6. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I believe it. No doubt.

But that doesn't mean someone can't break it. It's down to Cam and Megatron - the two I wanted from the beginning. I think either would break the curse.
  7. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 Pro Bowler

The facts are there to make it believable..
  8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith LET'S GO PREDATORS!!!!

Yes, many of them sucked afterwards, but many did not the season after. They look for problems on the ones that didn't fail on that exact season.

the fact is, they pick many players with unsubstantiated hype, like VY, Hillis, McNabb, Vick, Culpepper, Newton if he gets it this year.

These people were mostly hype, and were destined to fail with or without EA sports.

With RBs like Alexander and George, time is limited anyway. George never was a high YPC athlete, and Alexander had peaked, and it was all downhill from there.

Plus, there's the ones that didn't fail at all: Fitzgerald, Brees, and Lewis

EA Loves this. Free advertising everywhere they look.
  9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Cam is praying he gets on the cover so it'll give him an excuse when he sucks this year.
    • High Five High Five x 1
  10. Alex1939

I fail to see how this is a video game topic and not an NFL topic. I guess that gives us TitanJeff's opinion on the curse.