Luck/Manning

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by fitantitans, Jan 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fitantitans

fitantitans This space For Rent

I'm arrogant. Anytime the Titans don't make the playoffs, I consider it a suck-year. Being in the 2011 AFC South, which was up and down all year, we should have done better.
    The one thing I had hoped for, when we managed to give the Colts their first victory of the year was, that we screwed them out of their first round pick. Even that didn't happen.
    Everyone is thinking that the Colts will take Andy Luck with that pick. I to believe that to be true. Listening to 104.5 yesterday, they discussed at length, the thought that Andrew might pull a 'Eli Manning'. (A famous Denver QB pulled the same stunt years ago!) They also threw in some thoughts about the NY Jets that sounded very familar to any Volunteers fans. Any how, they are suggesting that, Luck might not want to go to Indy if Peyton returns.
    If Peyton has 2-3 years left in him, where does that leave Luck?
    Does Peyton have ANY time left in him? (Would I play with his money and his neck injury?)
    Would Luck want to sit around and wait?
    As for the Jets, 104.5 said there's a lot of talk about their lockerroom bonding and their lack of it. Too many players calling out teammates. Too many players into the game for themselves and not the team. (Sound a little like the Volunteers of 2011!)
    Any thoughts?

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Luck can step in and win now, he's got all the tools to roll him out day-1.

I'm not sure how he should feel about sitting behind a legend. It sure seems to have worked out well for Aaron Rodgers, so maybe Luck wont mind waiting a year or two to play.

I personally think Manning is going to hold the Colts back in 2012, so if I'm them I get the best QB this April. But as a Titans fan I only wish they'd blow it and not get Luck this draft.

3. fitantitans

It did work well for Rogers. But did it work well business-wise? How much money did he miss out on sitting on that bench? He might be worth more today had he played his rookie year.

4. jdog

jdog I like beer!

My guess is that Manning is done. I don't think he can come back at his age considering the accuracy he needs. He may get his stength back but I don't think he will ever be the same.He was never a scrambler so he can't fall back on that tactic.
    Look at the team without him then consider how much load he would need to carry to move the Colts back into contention.

5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really do not know how you could say Rogers might be worth more money. Great season and a Super Bowl win last year and an MVP season this year.....he will basically get what he wants.

6. pettso

pettso Starter

Manning is the best QB the NFL has ever seen. Hate him or not he's worth more than both Rodgers and Brady. Flynn came in for Rodgers and threw for a Packer's record. Not saying he's a system QB but he's got a lot of talent around him. As does Brady.

Both Brady and Rodgers have good coaches too, Manning is the coach.

[​IMG]

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Manning doesn't play traditional QB so Brady and Rodgers are better players to me. What Manning does is too much. He's the QB, and the offensive coordinator, and that's why his team fails without him.

8. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

He may be better skill wise.. but be only has one ring... tied with aaron who is much younger and trailing brady...

9. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

How does Manning not have great players around him? Has everyone forgotten how many weapons he has had since he has been drafted?

Harrison
    Wayne
    Clark
    James
    Garcon
    Stokley
    One of the best offensive lines in football

not to mention other first round picks he has had that just did not pan out.

Manning has been surrounded by pro bowl talent since he took his first NFL snap and thats not even including on the other side of the ball.

I don't care what Sportcenter is saying, Manning was not the only person keeping that team afloat.

10. fitantitans

I'm not getting any younger, my memory fails me at times but, isn't Rogers the same kid that got passed over in the draft and had to sit back stage until the Packers took him? Anyhow, those 3 years he sat on the bench, he sat there collecting minimum wage, he didn't go high in the dreaft. Did sitting there make him better at what he does today, or, just hide his true talents? Who knows.
    Look at Locker and Cam Newton for example. Right now, I think Cam has more value. He was #1 in the draft but he's also been able to prove himself on the field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar