Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

LT on CJ, telling us what we already know...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 24, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 2 users.
  1. Obie09 Starter

Locker
    Moolah:
    $5,876
    Since 95 at least yes. I looked at every year since they started keeping the stats.
  2. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $13,034
    FootballOutsiders is admittedly a cool resource. But has anyone ever looked at their formula for OL rankings? It's extremely complicated (which doesn't necessarily make it bad). And it's a formula that they themselves invented. Not to mention, if I'm understanding correctly, the line gets penalized for a bad read/missed hole by the RB.

Like I said, it's a cool site and a nice resource. I just find it funny that people treat it as gospel, yet will completely write off the opinion of one of the greatest backs to ever play the game (and countless other analysts), simply because it doesn't mesh with their own.
  3. Scarecrow CEO of PPO

Wright
    Moolah:
    $77
    I still think the best way to evaluate an OL is with an unbiased set of eyes.

My eyes tell me that they do suck, CJ just sucks a tad more...
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,604
    LOL That's an ambiguous response at the very least.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,604
    Live by stats - die by stats. They do not tell the entire story.
    If this was another RB for some folks it wouldn't be the line's fault until they replaced that back with CJ and got the same results - because it's always the other guy's fault...
    Munch needs to start pulling CJ. No ifs ands or buts.
  4. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    Nope. Not solely based on his numbers. Based on watching the games. I've never seen a more pathetic excuse for a offensive line. Absolutely terrible.

Even Harper/Ringer/Reynaud have ridiculously bad numbers with this abomination of an offensive line...
  5. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    I think everyone knows he's slower. But he's still fast enough. He's proven that in the preseason and late last season. He just needs a semi-decent offensive line to get production, like any runningback no matter how good they are. You can't gain yardage if no one is blocking.
  6. TheSureThing WHY DIDNT YOU DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL?!?

Washington
    Moolah:
    $11,018
    You've based you're entire argument for almost 2 years off CJ's YPC...
  7. JCBRAVE #getyourlifetogether

Casey
    Moolah:
    $215,358
    Wonder what Green Bay wants for Cedric Benson. He'd be perfect for us with this current line.
    • Tip Jar Donor

Creeping-Cruds GIV'R!

Pollard
    Moolah:
    $3,604
    Incorrect again...
    Find me one post where I mention any CJ #'s..