LT on CJ, telling us what we already know...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by RollTide, Sep 24, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

Ever noticed how slow and stiff CJ is now? Ok, so he's not big and powerful and can't truck people, fair enough, now he can't outrun or juke people anymore...so what can he do?

2. GeronimoJackson

Average with a flawless offensive line is pretty much the apologists' defense now lol.

3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

[​IMG]

damn, that box is stacked

• High Five High Five x 4
  4. GeronimoJackson

[​IMG]

What Chris Johnson sees:

[​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

It was the plays in which he gained yardage that made me think CJ doesn't have it any longer. He gains 8 and 11 on plays that had he been able to get rid of one tackler he could have gone for over 20 but couldn't. At his best he would run right past guys and make them look like they are standing still.

Even his best run was a play where he bounced outside and did not hit it hard in there even though the blocking was there.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Isn't Ndamukong Suh supposed to be the most dominant interior lineman in the league? Did he even play against us on sunday? Jake Locker had 42 pass attempts and Suh had no sacks. Didn't come close from what i saw. Overall the o-line had their best game.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

He had two tackles, to be honest.....I think our interior line has done a decent job keeping these monster defensive tackles in check. Wilfork, Garay, and Suh are of course, not chumps. Jake has stayed pretty clean.

While they do get over run some times on runs, CJ is just as much at fault for not being able to break a tackle or two. Like you said, he is not running hard nor is he making good decisions.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Well we did have a lot of short throws

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's a bit different blocking for a run and a pass. Not that I am a supporter of CJ or the O-line in this, but Locker having a great passing game is pretty irrelevant to the O-Lines performance in the run game.

10. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

how can you say this if you watch the games.

Detroit was in a base 43 almost the whole game. 4DBs playing back does NOT open the passing game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar