Looking to move from Verizon

Discussion in 'Gear' started by TitanJeff, Oct 15, 2012.

1. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Our family contract is up and I'd like to do a little research on options before renewing. Right now, we have a family plan for 700 minutes and unlimited texting. No one currently has a smartphone so we've not had to add a data plan.

Anyone use Sprint or T-mobile? I'd appreciate any recommendations.
  2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

following this thread because we want to upgrade our phones to smartphones since we want the data plan also. We currently use T-Mobile and really haven't had any problems with them. I keep hearing Verizon is the better company and to avoid AT&T.

Of course the next question is what is the best smartphone to have? Samsung Galaxy S3, Iphone, Motorola Droid Razr Maxx,etc
  3. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

I've had every cell phone carrier except for T-Moble (currently with AT&T). And I'd say they're all about the same. But I'm also not in your area so I can't comment on reception, just phones and customer service.
  4. Ryudo

Ryudo The wall crusher!

T Mobile is actually pretty good from our experience
  5. Scarecrow

Scarecrow CEO of PPO

i can tell you sprint has a ton of dead zones in TN.

In my experience, if you go anywhere out of the way, you will lose service. When I lived in Memphis, my apartment was right beside the 385, I could not get service in my apartment. I had to go out on my patio to get one bar. Which was then made useless, because I could not hear because of the traffic.

AND THEN
    my dog got ahold of my phone and chewed the mic out. This has nothing to do with Sprint, I just want to blame it on them anyway.
  6. Alzarius

Alzarius Starter

This

Sprint has tons of dead spots. I still use it because of the price but find myself wanting to see how far I can throw my phone sometimes.
  7. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Sprint user (Galaxy SIII)

I hardly ever have "dead spots", and normally have a good connection. My area doesn't have 4G which sucks. I also get a discount through work because they're corporate partners... that's why I mostly have Sprint. Pretty much everyone I've been in Illinois works. Sitting in my tree stand in the middle of no where Illinois, still got 3 bars. The only time I had dead spots was Lake Cumberland, KY... no phone service for a week.

I saw recently that Sprint got bought out by some Chinese Corporation. Supposedly they will enhance Sprint and assist with adding more towers for improved service.
  8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Starter

I just switched from att to verizon, and I like verizon much better.

Oh, two recommendations on smart phones. Do not get the Samsung galaxy stellar (the free one.) It is a pos. I took it back after three days.

I have the Motorola stood razr m, and it is wonderful. Highly recomended.
  9. Ewker

Ewker Starter

We ended up staying with T-Mobile and upgrade our phones to the Samsung Galaxy SIII. Now to learn all about the phone
  10. xpmar9x

xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

I love my SIII