Lombardi says Locker Favorite

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ToddTheTitan, Aug 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

What would Lombardi know? Seriously...

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Lombardi didn't say anything that anyone didn't already know. The Titans want their top ten overall QB to win the job from Matt Hasselbeck... duh. It doesn't say that he is the favorite to win the job or that Locker is ahead of Hasselbeck in the QB battle.

3. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Lombardi has never impressed me. But I do hope he's on to something, would love to see Jake take over.

5. Titans Eternal

Titans Eternal Got the swagger of a cripple

Made an entire career off his last name.

NFL version of Paris Hilton

6. Pro Football Talk

Pro Football Talk Titans News

[float][​IMG][/float] Incumbent starter Matt Hasselbeck and 2011 first-round pick Jake Locker are rotating first-team quarterback reps evenly at Titans camp. But there are growing indications that the organization is poised to go young. Hasselbeck is entering his age-37 season. Locker was the eighth overall selection in last year’s draft, and flashed explosive playmaking ability off the bench in rookie spot appearances.

NFL Network’s Mike Lombardi stated on Inside Training Camp Live that he’s “learned” Locker is the favorite to start over Hasselbeck. The Titans appear to have decided internally that the power-armed, athletic youngster is ready to start in the NFL after being eased in as a rookie.

Locker, of course, will need to avoid tanking in camp practices and preseason games in order to maintain what is probably still a loose grip on the lead position. But if Locker capitalizes on the promise he displayed as a rookie, Hasselbeck may never play another down as a Titan.
    [​IMG]
    Source: Pro Football Talk

7. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

As Finnebosch said, this is a no brainer. Of course the coaching staff wants Locker to win the job. I'd also go as far as to say of course Locker is the odds on favorite.

The facts are Locker has to really screw this up. His readiness for the starting role is going to be based on the negative things he does. I'm not sure if Locker has anything close to a solid camp Hass could play well enough to beat him out.

Also, the coaching staff already has a pretty good idea of what Hass can do. Locker is the future and the sooner he can win the starting job the better. The coaches know that.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Total speculation at this point.

Anyone think the decision-makers on this even know right now? I have no doubt they all hope Lockers wins out but no way this has been decided unless Bud has stepped in.

9. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If it's close Locker should get the job. Hass is still a good QB, so if Locker can beat him out then Locker must be playing pretty well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar