LOL at the major Toyota recall.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

that's a low bar you set for your vehicles. No wonder you like your rice burners - lol

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Only domestic I'd buy would be a Corvette, because it's the only car of American brand that actually beats the competition for price/performance.

But... I'm not 60 years old, odd shaped, or unhappy with my sex life... sooooo...

3. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Mustang whupps some serious arse for the $$$

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yeah. The new one isn't as bad looking as the last few years looks-wise either.

but it's still too boxy for me. Looks kind of clumsy for a sports car.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

beauty in the eyes of the beholder - lol

I like the Mustang but I will never own one cause I could not afford too drive it. I could buy one but I could not afford the insurance, plus despite that back seat it is esentially a two seater and that ain't gonna work for me at this time - some day though

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

The truth is when you test drive a Chevy or Ford you might think they are equal to a Toyota or Honda. After the first 100,000 miles you will see the difference.

Besides many of the rice burners are built right here in the US. Also many of the Chevys and Fords are built in Mexico or Canada. I'd rather have a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry built in IN or KY than any of the crap US makes.

By the way I have purchased three Nissans for my last three new cars. Two Altimas and one Sentra. One Altima lasted 350,000 miles. The one that took its place has 200,000 miles on it and all I have done is change the oil, tires and battery. Both of those cars were made in Smyrna.

The only US made car I've had decent success with was a Saturn. It did pretty well until it gave up the ghost around 200,000 miles.

7. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

Ranger is at 229k and is a stickshifting 2.3L 4 banging shortbeded metal load of dependability!

oh and the sad truth is most people never plan on hitting 100k with a new vehicle. Yet these same folks wonder why they never can save any $$$

8. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

This week, car manufacturer, Toyota, recalled 10 million vehicles worldwide, the company’s largest ever recall, to address problems with faulty (sticking) accelerator pedals. This move comes after a fatal accident that left three people dead in California where relatives of the deceased are suing the company.

New damning revelations are appearing daily with Toyota desperately seeking to protect any further damage to their brand and reputation. Toyota has put the value of lost sales caused by the recall at £500m. It is estimated that it will cost a further £700m to fix the affected vehicles. In addition, some 6,000 Peugeot and Citroën models have been affected with the same issues, with Honda earlier this week also announcing a recall of over 646,000 cars worldwide due to a switch defect that could cause a fire.

[​IMG]

9. Tuckfro42

Tuckfro42 Frozen Donkey Wheel

People who drive glass Sportracs...

http://money.cnn.com/2009/10/13/news/companies/Ford_recall/index.htm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar