Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

LOL at the major Toyota recall.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by jessestylex, Jan 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pacman 4 HoF Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $75
    and toyota, after extensive reasearch doesnt know why their cars randomly go pedal to the medal............. wtf is that
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,821
    as long as it is mechanical and not electrical. They seem real determined about that point for some reason
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    I can't help but be reminded of the Audi 5000 debacle.

Dunno if any of you remember it, but 60 Minutes did a story investigating unintended acceleration in Audi 5000's. It listed two or three incidents where people did stuff like suddenly lunge into the wall of their garage, etc.

The next day thousands of reports were made of unintended acceleration. :suspect:

Many long investigations were made by the DOT. Now, BION, the guys at the DOT do nothing but think about cars all day. At the end of all their investigating, what they found was that the culprit was driver error... nothing more. People stepped on the wrong damn pedal.

Now, try to imagine how popular it would be when your government- people on YOUR payroll- tell you that you're a moron and you messed up. How well do you think that would be received?

... exactly. So what happened is that the DOT made up an excuse which released the drivers from blame, made Audi say it was their fault, and the neutral start switch was mandated to be installed on all cars. Audi's rep was ruined, lawsuits were paid off at their expense, but idot Americans weren't found guilty of being idiots, and that's ALL that matters at the end of the day.

And THAT is how government fails us: by becoming protectors of a blameless citizenry. Not only does it perpetuate irresponsibility, but it does wonders for the health of the American Bar Association.
  2. Pacman 4 HoF Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $75
    youre not saying that the people blasting there car to 100+ mph and runnin into shii full speed are doing so because they are stupid americans are you?
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,821
  3. Pacman 4 HoF Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $75
    damn japanese, cant beat em

they are still gunna get took in court for at least a billi
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,479
    No, I'm saying :greedy::greedy::greedy:
  4. Pacman 4 HoF Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $75
    does not compute
  5. Riverman Raise the Wrath

Casey
    Moolah:
    $3,554
    toyota sales are actually up with their 0% financing and slashed pricing they have been running.

I love it.
    • Tip Jar Donor

GoT Strength and Honor

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $21,821
    :stupid:
    [IMG]

NOT!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.