Locker's deep balls

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdubbs2121, Dec 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inaccurate Passer

Inaccurate Passer Starter

Locker basically looks like Gabbert most of the time. And yeah Gabbert got his 20 whatever starts but you knew after his first year was over that he wasn't ever going to be anything in the NFL.

2. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I understand what they were trying to do. I mean after all Locker is MM's guy, but every single season the best player at his positin should play. If I'm not mistaken MH is 2-3 as our starter this season, That's 40% of our wins in his 5 starts. Hasselbeck should have been the guy. Aaron Rodgers sat on the bench for what 4 years? If you are truly trying to be the best team possible then the best man plays, period. Locker was not the best man.

I wanted us to take Locker but not at 8. I was thinking second round.

3. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Locker was the better option. MH was pathetic. He's done. The Viking were ready to pounce on locker if we would have passed. It would have been best for locker if we would have passed on him. We're actually making him worse. He has zero direction. He's not being coached. He's not being developed. He's on his own out there, and he's not ready to be on his own. This coaching staff is providing absolutely nothing for him. This team is a disaster. Locker can be very good. We've all seen it. He needs to be developed. He's a rookie. He was completely flustered and lost out there yesterday, and MM did NOTHING about it. Just like he does with everything else. If Bud does not clean house and start completely over with *qualified*, outside of the orginization, coaching; we are screwed. We are so far behind the good teams in this league, it's rediculous. It makes me physically ill to think about the state of this team.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clayriddick

Clayriddick Special Teams Standout

I like locker he will be good with a diff coach

5. Ghost

Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

oh.

I thought this thread was about something completely different.

6. pdrivetitan

pdrivetitan Practice Squad

I question locker with how he played on Sunday, but look at the facts

New off coordinator near the end of the season
    Majority of the starting oline is on injured reserve
    Locker hasn't even started 10 full games with the same coordinator
    The run game has been inconsistent
    Defense has been inconsistent

I agree his accuracy isn't ideal, but the circumstances he's in puts him in a tough spot.

7. Dman5TX

Dman5TX Pro Bowler

I agree with everything except that Locker was the better option. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying we would be in the playoffs if MH was our QB and we might be in the same spot that we are now but MH was the better option at QB at the beginning of the season.

8. titanflamer

titanflamer Starter

Jeff, don't you think it would be better of him to admit hes hurt if that was the case? Pretty conceited for him to think he is better for the team injured than Hass. I like Hass, but he would not have done anything either with that offensive line.
    I am not trying to say we should have won, but I still believe he should have done a lot beter than he did.

9. 520

520 2020 GOAT CHAMP from 3-7 to champ

ive said this twice already ill say it again. jake locker has the nfls best % on throws over 20 yards...well at least he did before the jets game...so even if it fell a little bit i assume its still top 3. so all this jake locker has horrible accuracy. just stop it. man i wish we had a stephen a smiley so everytime i qoute him i could have his "oh shoot skip just said tebows a greAt qb" right after these so disrespectful comments.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

I need a source for that statistic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar