Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Locker on Primetime

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cozmicfool, Sep 23, 2013.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 8 users.
  1. cozmicfool Starter

Moolah:
    $446
    Admittingly I want to see Locker do what he does against better teams though. By no means is this a critic on him, but the Chargers pass defense was suspect before we played them.

One areas I'm surprised no one is discussing is how the Charges, the best team in football on 3rd down (according to analyst on NFL Network & ESPN), was manhandled repeatedly by our defense on 3rd down! I'm definitely encouraged by the team we have on the field. Makes last year seem like a distant nightmare!
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
  2. xpmar9x Vote for Pedro

Casey
    Moolah:
    $31,188
    Just extra motivation for those three teams. I doubt they care, sometime publicity is bad... look at the Cowboys.
    titantrusince82 high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,520

I quit watching sports coverage years ago when the Titans were kicking ass and a cruelly excessive amount of air time was devoted consistently to the horrid Chicago Bears. Is ESPN based in Chicago? Is FOX Sports? There was nothing at all to report on that team but they ate up 10-15 minutes of the sports hour. It rally made that SNL Superfans skit look less like a spoof and more like reality TV.

Sports, music, politics, newscasts....media entertainment in general...it's all based solely upon demographics. The sooner everyone learns what that word means and how it is applied the happier everyone will be when they finally stop wasting their precious few days on this planet worrying about whether or not some talking bobblehead gives the Titans props.
  3. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,563
    ESPN is in Connecticut so you'd think that would make them neutral, but youre right, they play to the big markets.

Why devote a 10 minute segment to a team with only x amount of fans when you can talk up the Jets and get 10 million viewers.

I get why they do it, just dont like it.
    nbtoppers2 high fives this.
    • Tip Jar Donor

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole

McNair
    Moolah:
    $1,520

The problem with this is that it doesn't promote the best interests of the game itself. You'd think that any league front office would want to generate the same amount of fan excitement equally across the board to increase overall revenues rather than just say "oh, there's more steeler fans nationwide so let's just talk about the steelers and their opponents all season long and screw everyone else...."

The home team stations have that covered. The internet provides forums like this one for those fans. The least that the NATIONAL media (emphasis on that word) could do is pay all players somewhat equal respect.
    JCBRAVE high fives this.
  4. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,563
    ESPN CNN ABC Fox, all the networks on TV pull this crap. Its annoying. Thank God for the internet though, with that we can at least have control over the content we hear and see.
    GoT high fives this.
  5. Smash Soccer God

Schwenke
    Moolah:
    $4,973
    I thought so too, but a quick look at the play-by-play says something else. I haven't counted, but I think it's close to 50/50, if you count sacks and Locker scrambles as pass plays.
  6. Inaccurate Passer Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $2,176
    Dolphins are #9 with a 3-0 start and they didn't even mention Tanny Hill's gw td pass
  7. titantrusince82 I'm down with the Titans for better or worse

Wycheck
    Moolah:
    $9,755
    Nflam is the worst football show on television.
    cozmicfool and Fry high five this.
  8. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,872
    All you need to know about ESPN is that on air personalities were once ordered "You can't talk enough Tebow."

Confirmed: ESPN Has A Boner For Tim Tebow