Lions @ Titans Game Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

well... to be honest... today's game was fluky for the lions most of the time..

2. RTH

RTH Meh...

Frankly... I'm not shocked the Lions put up a lot of points. I think what killed us today was the piss-poor defensive playcalling... if we didn't do that Prevent D with the Safeties in Wisconsin so much, I don't think Detroit gets away with as much as they did.

The defense did good, despite that... not too shabby.

3. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

even so... that miracle heave and catch would never have happened if the ref didn't screw up the call..

4. RTH

RTH Meh...

Wait, which was that?

5. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Well, that D should work with the Moo-Moos somewhat, as 60 yard TD passes were the only cause for the Cows' win tonight.

So as long as we're tackling...

6. RTH

RTH Meh...

Heh... we'll have those 60+ yard plays covered... all the while Foster and company are chewing us up in-between.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

It's funny, you always hear/see people say don't catch it, knock it down. Ayres (it was Ayres yeah?) did the right thing and it backfired.

8. RTH

RTH Meh...

Yeah... Detroit got pretty lucky on that one. Defense did what they were supposed to, it just happened to fall right into Young's hands.

9. TitanUp52

TitanUp52 Camp Fodder

Ok this is crazy. If all of you are going to put this on cj you're crazy. I'll be first to admit he can do better ( missing his cut back lanes and not hitting the hole hard at times but if you truly know football and understand the game you would see a couple other issues that's really hurting our run game ... One our oline isn't run blocking well at all. Two we keep getting down so we have to pass the football to keep up. If we could get a lead and then work on our run , I'd bet cj would be alright

10. RTH

RTH Meh...

Probably... except when a defender touches him.

The blocking is bad... but he got space to run in this game and he went down after contact almost every time.

I'm not putting anything on him, no... but, he's not the guy he was, at all.

Frankly, I'd like to see us split carries next week to see how well another back does in this scheme to see if CJ just doesn't quite "get it". If that's not the case... no big loss.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar