Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Let's talk about Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by TorontoTitanFan, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,502
    Kaepernick I'm far from sold on, but Locker, he's our guy after our 8th overall pick. The only thing I dislike about Jake Locker is how awful he dresses, and I know that sounds gay, but it's true. Dude dresses like a dip$h*t. Actually he looks like he'd fit right in in Nashville LOL, old collar shirt with some blue jeans and boots.
  2. Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Moolah:
    $71
    LOL.....That's exactly what we need. Down to earth dude. Doesn't have aspirations to be an "Icon and Entertainer". No bling, no 24's....just football!
  3. JCBRAVE Welcome to my world, now sit down and listen up

Casey
    Moolah:
    $209,502
    That's what Peyton Manning is, just a regular guy who mastered his craft, and because of that was made into an icon/entertainer. I have no problem with it happening in that order. As Locker becomes somebody, he can learn how to dress to impress.
  4. Chapparal97 Grumpy Old Fart

Moolah:
    $71
    Manning is a good example. Hmmm, Favre never learned tho. Still jeans and tees.
  5. Soxcat Starter

Britt
    Moolah:
    $2,289
    My aspiration is for the Titans to select the best QB they can.
  6. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $1,959
    Dude you're high, if you think he somehow has a quick release. He has a very long trowing motion an in the NFL every .10 of a second counts. His delivery should be changed and he's a 58% passer in College so it could actually improve his accuracy.
  7. Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Martin
    Moolah:
    $13,379
    That'd make sense... if it EVER worked that way.

Teams never draft the guy they've had all the visits with or conversation about. It's usually just smokescreens trying to lure some other team in to taking those guys while leaving yours on the board.
  8. 24 Special Teams Standout

Moolah:
    $31
    Common misconception. His release is about as long as any normal release. It looks ugly, and it does take away some power on deep throws. But, he is fairly accurate on short/intermediate routes.
  9. TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Brown
    Moolah:
    $7,381
    I think this is a misconception. There are the occasional smokescreens for sure, but teams usually draft the guys they check out the closest. It's less complicated than everyone wants to think. Teams don't fly their coaching staff across the country for the sake of a smokescreen. They do it to thoroughly look at a player (which, in the big picture, is way, way more valuable than any smokescreen). Smokescreens are when a team starts talking in the press about who they like.

Provide some hard evidence to support your claim that pre-draft visits (particularly multiple pre-draft visits, like the Titans have had with Locker and Kaepernick) are smokescreens and I'll admit I'm wrong. I don't think you're going to be able to find it.

Everyone knows the Titans want a QB. Why would they need to hide that fact?
  10. HeadOnASwivel Starter

Moolah:
    $1,959
    It's really hard to say which visits are real and which are smokescreens. Usually, as the draft gets closer the smoke gets thicker.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.