Lets cut CJ right now or trade him away for a 7th round pick!!!!

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Oct 12, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Dude, wake up... Did you watch the game last night? Our line did great... CJ got in the open field multiple times. Instead of going, he was studdering and side-slashing. He's lost a step. He got tackled by James Harrison who was laying down. He ran into his FB multiple times in the open field, when all he had to do was cut it outside and would of got major yards, and multiple times he didn't hit his holes. It's over, it's not 2008.

He's an average runningback thats getting paid like a superstar.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

Yea CJ isn't the CJ we loved. He's not a game breaker anymore. He's average. But if he can continue to put up decent yards and keep drives going. I'm fine with him. That doesn't mean we shouldn't invest in a power back to supplement him.

3. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Harrison is an All Pro player himself just so you know. It's not like it was some scrub player who made the tackle. But in all seriousness I agree he should have just ran straight there. Sometimes he doesn't use his speed like he should. He has been hesitating a little in the open field but come on, he still did very well last night against a notoriously known good run D. Also it doesnt help he only sees the open field once every 4 games!

4. TitansWillWin2

I bet he still will break off some big runs this year for a td!

5. Clark

I don't think he managed a long td run in the past 2 years.... That's why his averages have dropped so much.... And no I don't see that happening. If he can get us a sub 5 run when he is givin the ball... I'm cool with it. But please Palmer stop giving it back to back to him.... His gas tank is really small it seems.

6. Clark

Oh BUT I saw him do some mad pass protection blocking last night.... Dude must be hella strong cuz he was looking like a freaking fullback at times with his blocks. THAT **** impressed me

7. TitansWillWin2

He had a big run against the bills last year for a td. Quit blind hating!

8. customtitan

customtitan Special Teams Standout

pot meet kettle... your blind love is beyond sad man

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Yeah an All-Pro player, coming back from injury, laying on the ground. I don't care who it is. If your this world class speed superstar RB, you think you'd be able to get around a guy laying down in the open field.

The hesitation is killing us, and he isn't changing it. He did OK yesterday, don't give him the credit.. he had huge holes. He should of had a much better day, if he just didn't hesitate.

Yes, Pitt is a good run D.. but they also were out Woodley, Troy, Clark (for 1/2 game), and it was Harrisons first game back (or second?). Pretty big injuries - they're still solid though.

I never wanted to give CJ this contract, was never for it. He's aging quickly. Has nothing but his speed, and has had a very big workload in past years. You don't pay blockbuster money to a RB who only has speed, in a passing league, and his glory days are past him. Can't pay an average/good player superstar money.. because he's not a superstar.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

If he keeps being this productive we should trade him for a seventh round pick. Get that ridiculous contract off the books for average production.

We can find a running back in the seventh round who can run up his fullback's back in the open field.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar