Let the games begin...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I wish our division was made up of nicer places. Nashville and Houston are cool places to spend a weekend, but Jacksonville and Indianapolis are not.

Look at the the NFC East, that's a nice division. Dallas, New York, Washington, and Philadelphia all have lots to offer for fans passing thru.

Same goes for the AFC East, well minus the smelly ugly town of Buffalo, NY, but Miami, Boston area, and New York are good.

But I guess there's worse places than Indy and Jacksonville. The AFC North is made up of nothing but sh*t.

2. Thaddeus43

Thaddeus43 Sunshiner President

If Jax does go to LA and they did realign the divisions a little and put the jags in the same Div. as LA or SF or SD, that might help the Jags sell more tickets bc it isn't to far to travel for the fans of the opposing team

3. Thaddeus43

It won't really matter what they do with the divisions though, the Jags will fail in LA no matter what. People in LA only care about a team if they have stars, and win alot. Jags have neither. Their biggest name player is MJD. MJD is a good player but he isn't the type of star people in LA gravitate towards. They need flash. Jags are the antithesis of flash. They are one of the most boring teams in the NFL to watch. They have almost zero offense.

4. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

They could also stay in the AFC and trade us with the Chiefs.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Yep, the Chiefs would also work. That division has a bit more history, though. The current NFC West is a total mishmash (the Seahawks were an AFC team for much of their existence) and it seems like a better target for messing with.

Seems pointless to me to make predictions about whether an LA team will succeed based on who the Jags have on the roster at this moment. They won't move for a few years probably and the team will look way different at that point. Even if the team is bad at first, there will be a honeymoon period of a few years in LA because the team will be fresh and exciting. By the time the team needs to perform on the field to succeed in the market, it will be completely different players than are on the current Jags.

6. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Exactly. I don't see many Titans fans in Jacksonville when I go to the game there. There might be some pockets here and there around the stadium, but it's just not a fan base that travels all that well anymore.

7. Thaddeus43

True, but it will still be hard for any city to get excited about the Jags, esp one like LA just because they don't really have a history of being an exciting team. I guess if they moved, changed their names and spent a 1st rd pick on whoever the USC QB is that year, then maybe it could generate some buzz.

But I really don't see any NFL team working in LA. There are so many other teams that are close to LA that all the die hard fans already have a relatively local team. I really don't think the rest care about football. The only reason LA cares about BB is because of Kobe and the championships. If kobe left, and they sucked, then I doubt anyone would care about the lakers either.

8. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

I like yours, but it will never happen. IMO, both Florida teams should be in the same division, as well as both NY teams, and both Penn teams, but it will never happen. And they will never, ever, move Dal out of the NFC east.

9. TitansWrath

TitansWrath Pro Bowler

Hey, they have the hottest young punter in football!

• High Five High Five x 1
  10. Thaddeus43

What can I say ... when you're right you're right

haha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar