LenDale White played 2007 with a knee injury

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Starkiller, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

i see one big difference; it took two runningbacks to match the production.

on a side note, i had forgotten all about antwain smith. :ha:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

2 backs to replace eddie?

So what? Does it really matter if the 350 carries are divided between 2 decent backs or one main guy? Eddie's production was never above average so if you want to say he had bigger balls because he could carry the whole load by himself go ahead but it doesn't prove my point wrong.

Eddie's yard per carry even in his prime years was only 3.8 yards per carry. In a league when the average RB carry nets 4.1 yards that is not hard to replace. Now you want to talk about personality or leadership that is fine but lendale sticks his nose in there 19 times a game. Henry isn't doing that for us and pretty boy chris johnson won't be either.

3. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

It matters because that proves White isn't a legit #1

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Bigtitan is eddie bashing.

He says it is just a matter of carrying the ball enough to get the yardage; in other words anyone could do that if they get the carries. Yes that's true! That's eddie george's career. Bettis also.

Be durable and consistent enough to start every day and get your carries. Anyone who watched the titans last year knows that lendale was our best back because he was consistent. Chris brown had one great game, a couple of decent games and several games where he did nothing. We all know what henry did. It was lendale who consistently got the yardage for us game in and game out.

In 2000 eddie george was one of 23 backs who gained 1000 yards or more. Only 2 of those other 22 backs had a lower yards per carry. Jamal anderson and james stewart. Lamar smith had the same ypc. Eddie was consistently near the top in the nfl in carries but never won an afc rushing title much less an nfl rushing title.

5. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Beyond the stats, it's about making a play when you need the player to.

It's too early to compare White to Eddie, but he's the closest the Titans have gotten to a fulltime back since Eddie.

6. Fry

being the least smelly bowl of **** out of the bunch isn't exactly awesome.

there are 18 other nfl runningbacks i would rather have than lendale white, could you say the same thing about eddie george during 96-00?

7. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

There are a whole bunch of quaterbacks that I would have rather had than VY last year? Should we trade for them? There were DEs better than KVB. Trade the bum! Same for Roos, Finnegan, Griffin, Bulluck, Thornton, Mawae, etc. We need a new team!

:sarcasm:

8. The Playmaker

The Playmaker pineapple pizza party

He was comparing the value and overall talent of Eddie George. Not just replacing a player because their is someone better.:rolleyes:

9. vslyke

vslyke In Dinger We Trust

Anways, my point was that there's no reason to get a new RB just because there's someone better. LenDale gets the job done, and there is no reason to bring in someone else that would be more expensive. Especially since we have drafted 3 RBs in the last 3 years. We have to give the young guys a shot to step up.

10. Fry

i wasn't talking about bringing someone in and the costs it would have. i was just saying, as far as league talent goes, lendale is average.

but this whole debate started because i think he could be more than average. he doesn't keep himself in shape and he pays for it. two years ago it was his hamstring that kept him out of workouts and was the reason he came in out of shape. now, it's knee surgery. maybe he's always behind because he's out of shape and not the other way around?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar