Leinart must really love Vince Young

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Childress79, Aug 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

What a difference a year makes in the life of Matt Leinart.

He's considered a shoe in for the No:1 pick in the 2005 draft yet he opts to stay at USC to try & win another championship.USC are favourites to win again in 2006 & he figures to once again be the No:1 QB available in the following years draft.The world is Leinart's oyster.

In his own words:
    "I realized the opportunity right now to support my family by going to the NFL early, but to me I think college football and this whole atmosphere here and being with my friends and my teammates ... is ultimately more satisfying and will make me happier than any amount of money could make someone happy,"

"I don't think it was too difficult a decision -- to make millions of dollars or be one of the best college football players of all-time," All-American defensive tackle Shaun Cody said. "You can't go wrong either way."

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=1964834

Barring injury what could go wrong? Enter Vince Young.

Looking at Vince Young's 03' & 04' stats who'd have thought he would make the leap in perfomance in 06' that would steal some of Leinart's limelight & culminate in his overshadowing Leinart in the Rose Bowl.

Year Passing Rushing
    Comp Att Yards TDs Int Att Yds Avg TD
    2003 84 143 1,155 6 7 135 998 7.4 11
    2004 148 250 1,849 12 11 167 1,079 6.5 14
    2005 212 365 3,036 26 10 155 1,050 6.8 12

Along the way he took away Leinart's USC championship dream, his draft status as the N0:1 QB & cost him millions off his first NFL contract.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2540041

With Leinart missing his 5th day of training camp & with no contract deal in sight, Vince Young is in camp with a huge contract signed & sealed. Best not to mention the 'VY' mega Reebock endorsement deal also in place.

We ought to be able to see Young's ego from space & yet there he is, unselfishlly giving his own time in unscheduled autograph signing sessions.Notably unwilling to leave until he's signed for everyone.

Everybody loves Vince, his teamates,the fans and even the press. Something tells me that Leinart doesn't.

2. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

Vince is the man.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

But that senior year at USC was worth it all, right?

4. H Man

H Man Guest

Reckon he'll sign a movie deal or a football deal first?

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

probably the prenup with Paris.

6. Bulluckfan

Bulluckfan Camp Fodder

Well, Smith's deal last year was worth about $50 mill right? Cutler's can max at 48, IIRC. So Leinart could still make about what Smith did last year, or at least not so much less that he's lost big money, the way people seem to suggest. And I bet he had a great time at USC, right up until the very end, when it came apart. I don't think he made a bad move at all.

7. Dangermode

Dangermode A New Era has Begun

You'd think so but didn't he have a girlfriend the whole time? Kinda defeats the point of staying to be the big man on campus. sucker.:)

8. kimberly

kimberly Camp Fodder

vince is the man, and matt knows it! its killing matt in sight! and if you think people love vince now, you ain't seen nothin yet! i can't wait til the titans win a superbowl one year, because texas will be ceeeeeeelebrating!

9. nigel

nigel Back on the bus

People forget that he had elbow surgery last spring, so there is no guarantee he would have been the 1st pick, or even in the top 5.

10. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Vince embodies what Kharma is all about. It was super hot, right before practice. Guys were running onto the field. There was a family on the outside of the fence and the Dad screamed that he had driven all the way from Texas and would like an autograph. Vince walked way across the parking lot and gave the guy an autograph, with a smile on his face.

This guy is strangely mature and has owned his stardom and celebrity. It's as if he's been absolutely groomed for this. His leadership on the field is so evident, even among the grizzled vets. When you talk to him, it's bizarre because it's evident he's just a kid who is living out his dreams, but he's so unassuming. So many guys would be jack*sses, but he's a total delight.

Seeing as how Leinart actually knows Vince on a personal level, it would be hard to believe that he dislikes or hates on Vince.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar