Lebron to Cleveland

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Titans Eternal, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Who sells more jerseys in Cleveland this year; Lebron or Manziel?

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

How this is winning fans over blows my mind...

He's doing the exact same thing. AGAIN.

Should be even worse now, but fans are idiots.

He lost the Championship... so he's literally running away. Like a b*tch.

It's a 2 year contract. He's going to do it again in 2 years. Guarantee it. Dude gets his rocks off to this type of douchebaggery.

3. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

If he does it again his legacy is literally dead in the ground. Realistically, this was the only move he could have done to save his legacy.

I imagine the two years thing will be because in two years the Cavs will have to start thinking about an extension for Wiggins, and LeBron may have to take a (meaningless) pay cut if the team is rollin' well together. I could be wrong though. He could be planning on bailing again in two years, which would go against everything he said in that SI article and make him look like a complete f'ing moron. Hell, after the SI article, if he ever leaves Cleveland again for anything short of Dan Gilbert calling him a water-melon eating moon cricket he'll look like an idiot.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

2 years is when the new TV deal comes in. He can get paid more.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Well now that I see it is a 2 year deal with an opt-out after year 1, I am now thinking he's just a douche.

I was thinking this would be a 5 year deal or something.

6. Ryno

Ryno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this explains why its a 2 year deal. he's not just doing it to be a douche and run again though he is doing it for the sole purpose of getting more money in 2 years. This years salary cap is $63mil so that potential $80mil cap is a HUGE jump.

Sources around the league had intimated that he wanted a short-term deal and this confirms that. ESPN reports that the motivation here is to maximize his next deal when the NBA's new television contract is in place, which they say could raise the salary cap to $80 million in 2016. There is also uncertainty with the current collective bargaining agreement starting in 2017, because the owners destroyed a leaderless Players Association during the last lockout. With the players all but certain to demand huge givebacks amidst skyrocketing franchise valuations, all signs point to LeBron being the centerpiece of an even more complicated Decision Part 3. Jul 12 - 5:43 PM

7. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

I am pretty sure he will retire there, or at least play out the prime of his career there. The 2 year deal is due to a new TV deal and salary cap issues in a few years. I would bet almost anything he re-ups when his deal is up.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

I hope he leaves them again WWE Villain style. Would make me like him more.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

LOL

10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

So doing it twice and ditching 2 fan bases doesn't kill his legacy... but 3 times does? C'mon now.

I'd put my car on it. He will bail. Again.

It's what he's made a career of. Quitting on teammates.

As soon as it becomes less about "oh... cute, lebron came home!" and more about "he's not going to win US a championship?!"... he'll run crying like he did the last time.

Also, don't forget - this clown said he'd win "not 3, not 4, not 5" championships for the Heat. He got his ass kicked in ONE series and couldn't take it so he took his ball, said "f*ck you!" to Bosh and Wade, and went home.

A joke.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar