Lavelle Hawkins Places as Best TN WR in Drop Rate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bababooey, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

Please explain how? According to his statistics, he obviously hasn't been dropping the ball. He averaged 10 yards per reception, so unless we've had a loss, he's averaging a 1st down a catch. I don't have his YAC stat, but I'm sure its pretty good seeing that most of his routes were shorter ones.

I really can't understand while people are saying to drop him. I can see if your indifferent, but if your wanting him to go I can't relate. He's a quick young receiver with good hands and an upside. When given the chance to compete he's played his role very efficiently.

2. therealtrueblue

therealtrueblue Camp Fodder

I think hawkins played well enough this year to earn him another cheap 1 or 2 year deal. He provides solid depth for the WR spot. we may need him if britt goes down again next year.

3. TheBisco

TheBisco Pro Bowler

I'm not huge on Hawkins, never have been, but he will sign for dirt cheap, dude can't even afford a plane ticket.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

Based on?

Anything... anything at all.

5. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I get what he was saying. Hawkins was terrible early in the year. How many times did you see him go the total opposite way he was supposed to and the end result was a pick, an incomplete pass on third down or Matt Hasselbeck ripping his head off?

[ame="http://www.nfl.com/videos/auto/09000d5d8244c67e/Robinson-picks-off-Hasselbeck"]NFL Videos: Robinson picks off Hasselbeck[/ame]

Hawkins got a lot better as the year went on, but he's nothing but a very average player.

6. Alzarius

Alzarius Pro Bowler Tip Jar Donor

What I saw was all our receivers step it up this year.

It could be coincidence, or it could have been the coaching they received. I think that coaching is the bigger picture. Maybe we have a staff that can get something out of our WR's.

I could care less if he stays or goes to be honest. Hes nothing special and will never be a top 2, or maybe even 3 for us so his price tag will dictate whether he stays or goes imo.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

I'd be interested in seeing where that website got their stats from and how they define a dropped pass.

The last sentence of my post was in reference to his entire career with us. He did improve some this year, but he still didn't earn an extension or new contract. Draft a replacement.

8. Ryudo

Ryudo Farten Up

How hard is it to catch 3 yards down field?

9. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

After a situation where we were extremely thin at WR, were wanting to let go of a productive receiver with growth potential.

We need to be filling holes, not creating new ones.

10. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

He most defiantly doesn't average a 1st down every catch. Most his receptions come on 3rd & longs, and even with defenses playing back to prevent the huge gains, Hawkins still comes up short by 1-2 yards. Hawkins is also useless in the red zone. That's why I'd let him walk.

What I like about him is his effort to get the yards after catch, he's one of the best, but just not good enough at other things to pay $1M/yr for. Not sure he want's $1M/yr, but he can get that if he really wants it from some team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar