Lavelle Hawkins Places as Best TN WR in Drop Rate

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Bababooey, Jan 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

.....well i didn't expect that stat... i could've sworn he's dropped a lot more.... it seems like every game he runs the same hook route which has to be reviewed every time because it looks like it hits the ground..

2. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I don't think you can talk negatively about Hawkins play at all this year. He had some key 3rd down grabs to move the chains and the statistics show that he was a reliable option (top in league) when called upon. Hawkins is just the type of player you want to keep on the roster because he's relatively inexpensive to obtain and there's not a big dropoff when we need him to step up. Hawk proved he was a reliable target this season.

Even with Britt healthy, we're gonna need Hawk for depth. I'm hoping he remains a Titan. He's not on the decline.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I think all the wideouts earned themselves a spot back next year because they all improved their level of play. I still would not mind getting someone early in the draft because it is likely one or more may not perform as well as expected.

Overall I am pretty happy with our wideouts. Mariana is the only one that concerns me. I think his return skills keep him around and thats if we do not address that in the off season with someone more well rounded. Even then, I do not think he was too prone to fumble so that may keep him favored as well.

This position was one of the pleasant surprises this year along with the rookie linebackers and cornerback play.

4. GeronimoJackson

GeronimoJackson Brainwashed by the Left. Now I am free.

The guy was a 4th rounder, and was like the 4th option... pretty much put up the numbers you should expect. I wouldn't mind keeping him, but he's easily replaceable.

5. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Lose him. Why are people still even considering him for next year. He has helped kill way more drives than he has kept alive.

6. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

He catches balls...if they're thrown 3 to 5 yards downfield.

7. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

^ exactly. If we used him for just those type of routes and short across the middle, he wouldn't be that bad of a third or fourth receiver. Every time he runs a route across the middle and makes a catch, he actually impresses me with his speed and ability to pick up 10-15 YAC. That's the only positive on Hawk that you will hear from me.

8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

His YAC are what's most impressive about him. But other than that, he's nothing special.

9. netnut

netnut Starter

;-)

GO Lavelle!!!! If Kenny can stay healthy We are good to GO!!!
    BIG IF!!!:kiss:

10. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

I rather keep Hawk and cut Mariani(KR rule makes him useless)but just like stevens I rather have a upgrade.I think he will battle it out with a rookie and a free agent in the preseason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar