King: Titans may enter bidding for Wallace

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SlidePiece, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

You can't just go after any player who's half decent. There's a salary cap and you need to carefully choose the pieces you need to build a team that can win. You can't just go out and get every speedy receiver in the league and expect that to work. Resource allocation, man.

And expecting Kenny Britt to be a Titan beyond 2013 is foolish.

2. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

We have the money to spend on him. Don't forget about the roll over cap space from last year. We could easly trim some fat and pick him up with that money. Signing Wallace would be much better than passing on him and dumping the money into our crappy players like Griff, Hass, Amano, and McCourty.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

Wallace will be on the Dolphins. Tannehills cannon arm plus Wallaces wheels is a solid duo. Fins need a rece.er and have the money.

4. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

If we cut Nate, then we could pay Wallace 11-12 mil a year and only lose out out 7-8 mil a year. Definitely worth it. For you people thinking we would tank Britt, you need to get it together. Look at all the opportunities we have had to wash our hands. I am glad that we didn't.

If the Falcons can have Roddy White & Julio Jones, we can have Kenny Britt and Mike Wallace. If this happens then this really is the year the Titans are going balls to the wall.

• High Five High Five x 3
  5. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Talk about resource allocation! Who would improve the team more?: Hass, Amano, Hutch, & Hawk, OR Mike Wallace? trim the fat and restructure Hass, and there's your money for Wallace right there! You don't even have to touch our cap space. Don't forget about the roll over too. We could easily get MW and also address our other needs.

That's why I said IF. Do you think that Jennings would be the best move to replace Britt? How old will he be in 2014? 31? He's already injury prone now. I would much rather draft a guy like Patterson at 10 to replace Britt.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

I'd love to sign Wallace. I think he could be a great fit for our offense along side Jake, Britt, and KW. And yes, I do believe that Britt will be with us after next year.

The only thing that worries me is loosing Cook and having to cut Nate and maybe even Hawkins. If Britt's injury flares up again or if he gets into legal trouble, we will be left with Wallace, Wright, and god knows who else. We would really have to add some depth to the WR position since we no longer have Cook, Nate, and Hawkins.

7. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Kenny Britt is just not dependable at all. I would take Washington over Britt anyday. Washington, Wright, and Wallace or W3 sounds good!

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

We don't have to cut Nate people. It is possible to have 4 starting receivers. Britt, Wallace, Wright, Washington. That sounds pretty good to me. And even better, Damien Williams would be on the bench where he belongs. It's okay to have a little depth at receiver.

9. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Washington is not dependable either. He was dogging it a lot last year. He wasn't helping Locker at all. He also had a case of the Gater arms. Britt is worlds better than Nate on the field.

10. pepsidriver24

pepsidriver24 @snydzie

If we sign another starter, Nate will be out the door in a flash. On his own accord.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar