King: Titans may enter bidding for Wallace

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SlidePiece, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I agree with this.

Look what Prisco said (article link: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/...ce-is-better-fa-receiver-option-than-jennings)

If you want polished routes, smart play against zone coverage and the ability to adjust to the football, the 29-year-old Jennings is your man.

The 26-year-old Wallace is speed player capable of taking it 65 yards anytime he touches the football.

Jennings is the reliable car. Wallace is the drag racer.
    Jennings is the guy who shows up every week to do his job.
    Wallace flashes and then disappears.

Even though that article is for Wallace, Jennings is the guy we need. We have speed guys, we need a guy who can be Lockers safety blanket... what Reggie Wayne was to Andrew Luck.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Oh I've lost all hope that kenny can ever emerge as anything more than a part-time player, but what I'm saying is we have no real No.1 WR even with Wallace.

3. JCBRAVE

I will admit, Wallace and CJ on the field together is a scary thing. And Jake loves throwing bombs 60-yards within 4 seconds, can Wallace run 60-yards in 4 seconds...

4. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Not sure Wallace is a guy any team should be targeting for the kind of money he wants. He's a very specific kind of receiver. Not really a number one.

With Wright already in the fold, it seems to me the Titans would be better off going after a big-bodied possession receiver who can make plays in the red zone. That's not at all what Wallace is.

5. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Jennings is reliable?

Maybe 3 years ago. Guy is always hurt now. Sure, he doesn't get into trouble like KB, but do we want two WRs who are injury prone? No way.

We missed out on Bowe. Sign Wallace. Steal another Steelers WR and make them hate us like we hate them.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. JCBRAVE

This.

Wallace had 3 TD's inside the 20 last year, not really the type of guy I thought we'd be after

but that speed is enticing, especially when our QB just throws balls in the air and hopes for the best

7. SlidePiece

SlidePiece Starter

Was he not the Steelers #1 receiver. They offered him a lot to stay. He's the best receiver in FA. Are we better off without Wallace? You'd rather Britt be our #1 and Damien be on the field? Nate doesn't have much left to offer either.

8. JCBRAVE

Well IDK if he really is or isn't their No.1

he had less catches than Antonio Brown and Heath Miller so maybe he's not the go-to guy there

9. TorontoTitanFan

TorontoTitanFan Pro Bowler

Where Wallace was on the depth chart of the Steelers isn't what matters.

What matters is that he's not the prototypical "Number 1" receiver, meaning the guy you can throw a fade to when you have the ball deep in the red zone and have him go up and get that ball using his physical dominance.

10. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

great idea. he'll throw the ball to himself. Should work out great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar