Kick-

Discussion in 'Movies & TV' started by avvie, Apr 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avvie

avvie Ke ali'i o na okole Tip Jar Donor

...is awesome.

Not the Bruckheimer-looking romp I thought it would be when I first saw the trailers... it's serious pulp fiction with all the elements: superhero fantasy, LOTS of blood and violence, awkward teen angst, mobster dynamics, teen sex comedy, a little girl who cusses like a sailor, good vs. evil, coming-of-age themes, treachery and vengeance.

8/10

LOL! The filter killed the movie's name...
  2. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

I also heard that Nicolas Cage is actually funny and acts well in his bit part...
  3. avvie

His is not a bit part.. he is a major character... and yes, he's good at it. I was giggling quite a bit when I realized he was doing an Adam West impression while in costume. Though I'm not a huge fan of his, I hope he gets his money problems straightened out after this one.
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Which is pretty surprising to hear... I cannot stand Nick Cage for the most part. There's just something about him. He's always been pretty weird and annoying. Not a big fan of his... I liked Face/Off lol, but I can't seem to think of another movie with him I could actually tolerate.

I will be sure to check this movie out though. I've heard lots of good things about it.

I like action/comedies... probably will get around to seeing it this weekend, as well as Date Night.
  5. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

^Nick Cage has some fantastic roles.. Wild at Heart, Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas, Bad Lieutenant etc.
    Get watchin' boy..
  6. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

He spends time in NYC where people I know see him walking the streets like he's broke. Alone and looking around. How's he have money issues anyways?
  7. CRUDS

CRUDS El Diablo Tip Jar Donor

He's a Coppola. He's got more money than he knows what to do with...
  8. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE Tweet me @JCBRAVE

Word on the street is he's hit Mike Tyson lows.
  9. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

Haha... Forgot about Raising Arizona. That was good. I'm not sure the others would interest me though.
  10. avvie

He's dang near flat broke... he left his money management in the hands of a crook (or an idiot) and all his money is gone. He never knew about it. Until he gets paid from this film, YOU probably have more money than Nick Cage.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.