KFC & VY Passing attempts Video

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by earlers, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

Ok...folks, here's the latest KC & VY pass comparisons. The vid is a little sketchy in spots so bear with me as I'm learning a new video editing software. There is one thing that I want you all to review. Kuharsky wrote the below quote.

Is there some validity to this quote? I know some have said that Kuharsky is such a VY hater but let's really try to be objective about it. Also, look at KC throws to determine if he often threw to his first target.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/PKBNyopITNw&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/PKBNyopITNw&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

My comments are in bold after the play by play line.

2-8-TEN 42 (13:16) 5-K.Collins pass deep left to 80-B.Scaife to TB 37 for 21 yards (36-T.Jackson). Perfect throw to Scaife
    1-10-TB 37 (12:52) 5-K.Collins pass short right to 83-A.Crumpler to TB 34 for 3 yards Another perfect throw
    3-2-TB 29 (11:37) 5-K.Collins pass short left to 18-K.Britt to TB 25 for 4 yards This ball was thrown a little behind Britt but Britt made it look easy.
    2-13-TB 28 (10:20) 5-K.Collins pass deep middle intended for 85-N.Washington INTERCEPTED Ball was underthrown and into double coverage.
    1-10-TB 22 (5:56) 5-K.Collins pass incomplete deep left to 85-N.Washington. Initially, I thought that this one should have counted as a drop but watch it again. KC underthrew the ball. If he lays it out a little further it hits Nate in stride. If he had caught the ball, it would have been dificult for him to land inbounds.
    3-6-TB 18 (5:14) (Shotgun) 5-K.Collins pass incomplete short right to 85-N.Washington. Appears to be some miscommunication on this play.
    3-6-TEN 13 :)02) (Shotgun) 5-K.Collins pass short right to 80-B.Scaife to TEN 22 for 9 yards (23-J.Phillips). Perfect pass to Scaife
    1-10-TEN 22 (15:00) 5-K.Collins pass short left intended for 28-C.Johnson INTERCEPTED Great play by defense.
    1-10-TEN 20 (14:29) 5-K.Collins pass incomplete deep right to 85-N.Washington. Was KFC throwing it away? Ball is way out of bounds.
    2-10-TEN 20 (14:26) 5-K.Collins sacked at TEN 10 for -10 yards (91-S.White). It looked like all of the receivers were covered.
    3-6-TEN 15 (10:24) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short right to 25-L.White. I think some mentioned that VY was throwing it away. It doesn't look like it here. It looks like he was still trying to get it to White.
    1-10-TEN 32 (6:48) 10-V.Young pass deep middle to 18-K.Britt to TB 30 for 38 yards (26-W.Allen). Perfect pass. Initially I thought that maybe he could have led him more but it appears that the db would have closed the gap on the play to break it up.
    2-8-TB 28 (5:32) 10-V.Young pass short right to 88-C.Stevens to TB 22 for 6 yards (27-T.Cox, 57-A.Hayward). Nice pass
    3-2-TB 22 (4:54) 10-V.Young pass short right to 18-K.Britt to TB 19 for 3 yards (27-T.Cox). I think one of the most valuable plays of the game. Look at a rookie aware of the first down marker.
    2-11-TB 20 (3:48) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short left to 45-A.Hall (57-A.Hayward). Clearly a drop by Hall
    3-11-TB 20 (3:42) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young sacked at TB 22 for -2 yards (56-R.Wilson). If you look at the video, VY had Cook wide open breaking to the right. VY doesn't see him.
    1-10-TEN 32 (2:00) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass short right to 89-J.Cook pushed ob at TEN 42 for 10 yards (39-M.McDuffie). Perfect throw to Cook
    1-10-TEN 42 (1:54) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass short right to 89-J.Cook to TEN 44 for 2 yards (54-G.Hayes). Nice pass
    2-8-TEN 44 (1:34) (No Huddle, Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass incomplete deep right to 18-K.Britt [92-D.Moore]. Ok. Take a look at this play. It is sort of the same play later made for the TD to Britt. VY scrambles forward and then tries to throw it deep to Britt.
    3-8-TEN 44 (1:28) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young Aborted. 64-L.Harris FUMBLES at TEN 44, recovered by TEN-10-V.Young at TEN 39. 10-V.Young to TEN 39 for no gain. FUMBLES, ball out of bounds at TEN 33. Penalty on TEN-25-L.White, Illegal Kick, declined. Dumb play by Vince.
    1-10-TEN 7 (14:47) 10-V.Young pass short left to 89-J.Cook to TEN 19 for 12 yards (38-D.Willingham). Nice pass
    2-12-TEN 31 (12:22) 10-V.Young scrambles left end ran ob at TEN 40 for 9 yards (57-A.Hayward). He started to throw it but thought twice about it and scrambled for a run.
    3-3-TEN 40 (11:49) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass short right to 87-L.Hawkins to TB 48 for 12 yards (39-M.McDuffie). Hawkins finally makes a play for VY.
    1-10-TB 48 (11:20) 10-V.Young pass short left to 89-J.Cook to TB 37 for 11 yards (57-A.Hayward, 39-M.McDuffie). Nice pass and Scaife should be worried about his job security.
    1-10-TB 37 (10:36) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short left to 88-C.Stevens (71-L.Holmes). VY had to get it over the D-lineman.
    2-10-TB 37 (10:30) 10-V.Young pass incomplete short middle to 42-C.Henry. This ball was overthrown to Henry but look at the Dlineman that VY is trying the ball over his hand.
    3-10-TB 37 (10:26) (Shotgun) 10-V.Young pass deep right to 18-K.Britt for 37 yards, TOUCHDOWN. Great play.

• High Five High Five x 3
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

As much as I want my guy Vince to get his job back, I can't help but find myself rooting when Collins throws that fist pick. After seeing this video earlers has provided us with, I can see what his intentions were. Looks like he tries hitting Nate in the back of the end zone for 6. Problem obviously was he was double covered and the throw was short. But from Collins angle you have to try that pass in the preseason. Can't blame Collins for taking that shot, it was a good one to miss in August. I'm happy he threw an interception for two reasons; 1.) he will know better next time & 2.) helped make Vince look good. Also notice C.J. in the flat. He could have made that dump off a 20-yard gain.

The following play in the video we saw Collins trying to link up again with Nate for 6, I think these two are going to do big things this year.

Now for Young. Vince looked so happy not to have to worry about the media after the game. I'm happy he's happy. That's by far the first step to him getting back where he wants to be.

3. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

collins already said he didnt see the safety.... plus they are obviously trying to force passes to build a KC nate connection.

the one that nate dropped, is a classic front shoulder pass.... undefendable by the DB, the WR just needs to adjust and catch the ball

4. BudAdams

BudAdams SayHelloToMyLittleFriends

thanks for posting that...

.. I almost forgot about the KC pass to Washington in the endzone. I disagree that it was "under thrown". It was a foot away from being the perfect pass IMO, and Nate made all the right adjustments, it just squirted through his hands. If you ask Nate if he should have caught that pass, i guarantee he would say yes.

5. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

On Vince flip to lendale, i think it was actually a nice pitch, he expected lendale to run forward which is why it was in front of him, but lendale stopped.

6. earlers

earlers Camp Fodder

I've heard it all now....

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

I can't help but think your not even giving Vince a fair shot earlers, It seems like your just another VY Hater.

In almost identical plays, you give Kerry the benefit of the doubt, even when he looked like crap all game, and somehow its Vince's fault in the other scenario. I just don't see why its a great play for the defense on one play and not the other.

once again, Kerry gets special treatment. Vince's snap was low, and the pocket collapsed quick, he really didn't have time to look for receivers. Kerry held the ball for a while and I have no idea how you can tell who's covered and who's not with the angles given...

By the way, on the INT for Collins when he threw into triple coverage to Nate, he missed Crumpler wide open breaking to the left side of the field.

And to answer your initial question, It looked like KFC followed Nate the entire time on that interception, so yes he was throwing to his first target most of the time as well..

8. Pacman 4 HoF

Pacman 4 HoF Starter

2 deep passes to nate in the first quarter..... yea thats our usual game plan

9. From-the-stands

From-the-stands Starter

Both statements are true. The "front shoulder pass" has been a staple Fishers offense. Thigpen, in the short time he was active, was the best technician of that style of reception. Washington should have caught that left end zone pass for a TD.

And I said earlier, I felt like Collins was making an extra effort to throw Washington's way...forcing it as Pacman 4 HoF says....something we have the luxury of working on in the pre-season.

As far as Young, his passes were on target. His best perfomance in 2 years.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

the best thing about that whole video was vince being 5/6 on play action. he's been pretty terrible when he has done play action through his first two years as a starter, which is a shame because it can be a great weapon for him.

• High Five High Five x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar