Keys to this loss...

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DelawareTitan, Dec 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MJTitans

MJTitans Chris Whitley look him up

1 or 2 games like this and I have no problem saying the players let the coach down. 6 in a row and I have to say that the coach isn't emphasizing fundamentals in practice, is continuing to start guys that are making key mistakes, and is putting together weak game plans that don't set his players up for success.

That said, this was a much better showing than we've seen the past 5 weeks. I thought the defense played with much more discipline (to make up for a lack of skill and thought). Britt brought a bit of an swagger and fight we haven't seen on offense for a while.

2. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't put this loss on Fisher. The Titans could have laid down after they went down 21-0 and fought back. The fourth down call was gutless but the strategy works if Hope makes an easy tackle.

The Titans are just a bad team. This is a Colts team who may not win another game. There's no excuse to not throw to Moss. The turnovers killed them. The drops continue. Too many mental errors.

Hope is horrible. His penalties, poor coverage and missed tackles were costly. I'd put in one of the rookies to finish the season.

The interior DL was pushed around all night. I'd almost rather draft Farley instead of a QB if the Titans get a top five draft pick.

I thought CJ had his best game of the season. He's hitting the hole again. Think it was because Usain Bolt was in the house?

3. MJTitans

Uhhhh... Fisher says that every week. "We had a good week of practice" "Vince had a good week of practice" "Kerry had a good week of practice".

The more you take Fisher's word as gospel truth the worse off your arguments are.

4. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What are the percentages on the Titans making a 4th and 1 vs. driving 80 yards for a TD with around 3 minutes on the clock? And that was working under the assumption that you could hold the Colts to a 3 and out.

I would certainly take the 4th and 1.

• High Five High Five x 2
  5. Titans Blue

Titans Blue Camp Fodder

^ at that point in the game you have to go for it considering what our record was and how the team was playing in the 2nd half. I was yellin so loud for them to go for it and hated the punt. when we punted, my hope for the game went out the door

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

I agree with a lot of what you're saying here. But if not throwing to Moss was inexcusable isn't that on coaching as well? Moss was only on the field for 8 passing plays throughout the course of the entire game. That was a coaching decision.

And Hope is looking like this year's version of Nick Harper. While it may not be Fisher's fault that Hope sucks. It's certainly his fault that he keeps leaving him in as the starter when he's consistently screwing up.

Every game we lose you can point to several mistakes by the players and say "this one isn't on Fish because _____". But that doesn't change the fact that he's not putting us in the best position to win. Is having Randy freaking Moss on the sidelines for all but 8 pass plays really giving us our best chance to win? Is letting Hope keep his job despite his terrible play giving us our best chance to win? I think not.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. MJTitans

I still put the loss about 60/40 on Fisher/players. But that's a good bit down from the 80/20 I've been the past 5 weeks. They got down early and came back fighting - I have to credit the coach now because I blame him for the lack of fight up to now.

He's not turning the ball over, but he's clearly not coaching them to wrap it up properly. He's not missing tackles, he's not coaching them to wrap up ball carriers. He's not coaching them to attack the ball once someone else does have a player wrapped up. And if Hope & Gage were named Vince & Young they wouldn't be on the field now.

8. Aqutis30

Aqutis30 Do you mind - NOT being a Motaur?

Absolutely, but sadly even after they fought hard to get back into the game last night their lack of fundamental skills showed that even when they play hard....they are pretty not good. I felt a pulse in the offense last night.

9. CaptainQuick

CaptainQuick Starter

The last thing you want to do is give Peyton the ball on the 30. He would've scored a touchdown. The only two reasons i agree with Fisher not going for it 4th is that Peyton would've scored a touchdown and that the entire world knew we would've ran it up the middle with CJ. That's the only 4th down play they have. The punt or go for thing is moot if Griff and Hope didn't have their thumbs up each other arses...

10. Laserjock

Laserjock South Endzone Rocks! Staff

I am tired of excuses...every game there are excuses to explain away the game. I am supposed to walk away from this game feeling better about the team just because they played football this week?? All that does is make me ask why this week? Why not 6 weeks ago...5 weeks ago??

Fact is our continued ineptness cost us a game against the worst Colts team we have seen or will see until Peyton is gone. 2nd-3rd string DBs....same for the RBs. You can say we did not let the Colts run much all you want...but they ran when they had to. 4th and 4....and we punt on 4th and 1....yeah, exactly.

Finnegan is the new Denard Walker. I don't want to hear about how Wayne just got good position...of course he did because of poor technique...everybody is getting good position on him. Only time he has contain on a WR is when he has them by the face mask.

Christy Hope should maybe start putting in tape of Blaine and study how men play safety. Bishop could probably outplay him right now...at least he knew how to lay someone out. I am tired of these chicken wings these guys are throwing out there...

Which brings me to why it's clear coaching is not working...who is teaching Finnegan, Hope and Griffin how to tackle?? That ought to make Cecil puke....we are weak back there.

I find no solice in the fact we scored...we should have...we shouldn't get all giddy about it. We lost and the defense again failed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar