Kenny Britts injury status

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DJB, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

the scary part is, were probably going to have to finish the season 7-1 for a guaranteed playoff spot, 6-2 just to have a chance...

being in the AFC sucks..

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

We'd have #1 seed in the NFC... although I never want to see the #1 seed again.

Also... there are six or seven AFC teams who would beat whoever represents the NFC in the Super Bowl.

You're a bit too worried though... If we go 12-4 we're in, no doubt. If we go 11-5 we should still be fine. 10-6 makes it pretty unlikely. Damn Chargers.

There will be teams who fall. Don't act like we're that far behind anyone because we're not. There's only two teams you can really bank on being in the playoffs in the AFC (so far): Pats and Steelers. I think the Jets and Ravens have the potential to choke. They're not acting like the explosive, violent, scary teams they're supposed to be.

Playoff rules need to be changed. The '08 Chargers should not have made the playoffs. That's all there is to it. Cool. They won their division, but they sucked. They didn't deserve to make it. It needs to be based solely on record. Whoever has the better record gets the highest seed. No debate.

The (8-8) Chargers getting a home game against the (12-4) Colts made no sense. The same can be said for the 10-6 Ravens getting a home game against the (12-4) Titans.

Funny how the Steelers had the #2 seed, but had a much easier road than we did.

3. Psychop1

Psychop1 Big Tee

The thing is, if he's brought back too soon, he'll probably just make the injury worse. Furthermore, being a wide receiver, he'd be especially ineffective playing with a hamstring injury. Moss or no Moss, you wait until the player is 100% in this situation.

4. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

No no no. Division races should get more priority. I hate that the NBA Has divisions for really no reason at all.

5. RavensShallBurn

Well, at the very least, you could at least agree that the seeding rules should be changed. You can keep the automatic playoff berth or division champs, but homefield advantage goes to whoever has the best record of the playoff teams.

No more #4 seed 8-8 teams with a 12-4 and 11-5 team behind them in seeding. That's terrible anyway you look at it.

2008 would have looked like (if you still gave automatic playoff berth to division champs, but fixed the seeding rules):
    1. Titans
    2. Colts
    3. Steelers
    4. Ravens
    5. Dolphins
    6. Chargers

I guess we still would've had to play the Ravens even with my reasoning. Dammit.

6. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

Imagine the final game of the season with the Colts and Titans both at 12-3 and a win gets them in the playoffs and wins the division.

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Hammys never get 100%. Each hammy you do increases the chance of doing it again. You never rush back a hammy.

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Chargers 23, Colts 17.

Leave it alone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  9. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

I could buy into that, but I really don't have a big problem with the way things are now.

10. RavensShallBurn

Chargers always beat the Colts and Titans. Either way, the Chargers didn't deserve to make it.

Having an 8-8 (the epitome of average) team in the playoffs is unacceptable IMO.

This year, at least one team in our division will miss the playoffs even though they have a better record than a playoff team. I think that's lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar