Welcome to goTitans.com! Log in or sign up to be a part of the best Tennessee Titans fan site available.

Kenny Britts Future

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Oct 3, 2012.

Watchers:
This thread is being watched by 1 user.
  1. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,534
    I think New York values him more than any other team. For one, their top 2 WR's are out this week, one now on IR and the other on the sidelines. New York isn't afraid to roll the dice (see Tebow). Kenny played right down the road at Rutgers, and by taking him in now they'd have a fair chance at evaluating him beofre committing long term to him. He's only accounts for $1.3M next year, so even if it doesn't work out it's not like he costs them much.

If we don't trade him, he'll walk and we'll have nothing. I'm also tired of waiting around for this guy to be consistent. He may explode one week with 150-yards or whatever, but then he's hurt or in handcuffs.

This guy is not a Ruston kind of player, he's immature and reckless, wont be long before he messes up to the point it hurts someone. Let's get out of this while we can still get something for him.

Anything around a 4th round draft pick is enough for me to say farewell.
  2. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $15,162
    I agree with most of what you're saying. But a 4th just isn't enough for me. If we let him go for a mid-late draft pick (that we would probably use on a QB we're converting to SS or something) and he goes on to have a great career we'd be kicking ourselves for years.
  3. The Hammer Out for a rip

Matthews 2
    Moolah:
    $126,870
    I don't think he is as bad as VY or Dez Bryant. He is not angry or bitter. Too much of a 'Happy-go-lucky' type. He just does not work terribly hard or takefootball terribly seriously.

That being said I think the first round pick this year sends a clear message on what the front office thinks of Kenny Britt's future.
  4. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,534
    Wow, now Sports Nation is talking about New York adding T.O.
  5. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,534
    Ruston needs to be on the phone right now! Hey maybe we could package Britt and Griffin for Landry and a pick.
  6. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,534
    Well they just signed Jason Hill
  7. SawdustMan Pro Bowler

Bishop
    Moolah:
    $15,162
    Problem solved!
    Titans Eternal high fives this.
  8. Ghost 3 Time US Navy 7th Fleet "Hogging" Champion

McNair
    Moolah:
    $5,558
    Desperation is a stinky cologne....
  9. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,534
    Haha, we should still put in a call, see what they think of Kenny.

We would lose some leverage being the ones to call them, but no one else in the NFL would be willing to over pay for Kenny. And by overpay I'm talking about 3rd/4th round picks.
  10. JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

Casey
    Moolah:
    $217,534
    And now the Jets are talking about T.O.

Hello!!!! Wake up Ruston, trade Kenny...
    Jwill1919 high fives this.