Kenny Britt makes good on his second chance

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Titans Insider, Oct 12, 2012.

1. Titans Insider

Titans Insider Titans News

Wide receiver Kenny Britt’s first chance at a game-tying catch ended with the ball – and his helmet – on the ground. He was unable to haul in a five-yard pass from Matt Hasselbeck. Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor kept Britt from bringing in the ball, although Taylor knocked off Britt’s helmet in the process.

Hasselbeck had a message for Britt when he returned to the huddle. “He told me, ‘We’re going back to you,’ ” Britt said.

Britt caught the ball the second time. The five-yard touchdown tied the score 23-23 with 4:19 left. Once again, Taylor was in coverage. Britt didn’t catch the ball cleanly, but he managed to bring it in.

“That gives me a lot of confidence, that Matt has that confidence in me,” said Britt, who had four catches for 62 yards. “We built off that. It feels good to me, that I can make a play like that to help the team.”

Source: Titans Insider
  2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE @JCBRAVE

bobble head was good when he needed to be.

And Kenny loves saying "ah man" before he speaks lol. Noticed that last night after the game
    • High Five High Five x 1
  3. steverife

steverife Starter

4. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

5. steverife

steverife Starter

I love it!
  6. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

I guess that's how he does interviews.... much people does uhhhh or ummmmm... to help them think on the fly...
    I cant figure Britt out ... he shouldnt be wiffing on these passes.... pre-acl/MCL he was catching everything and making these acrobatic passes.... now I hold my breath whenever the ball gets thrown to him.. a knee injury shouldn't have messed with his hands....
  7. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Starter

In all fairness the dude ripped his helmet off which should have been called!
  8. steverife

steverife Starter

I feel like he is thinking about his knee constantly. He is trying to make sure that he isn't planted if/when he gets hit.

I had a pretty big surgery recovery after a broken ankle/leg. Any point forward, I was always terrified of things happening around my feet when I was playing basketball.
  9. Titaneers

Titaneers Ultimate Player

In all fairness, there should've been a late hit on the play after... but we're talking about fair and steelers .... those two don't go together.. refs were almost decked in black AND yellow last night...
    • High Five High Five x 2
  10. acqua7

acqua7 Starter Tip Jar Donor

5 ah man for 5 questions in the interview with kermit.