Keith Bulluck on 104.5

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by SawdustMan, Nov 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah, I can't say I agree that KB wasn't the kind of guy who cared a lot about winning.

Although, I did see KB and Finnegan at the TigerMart on Broadway right after the '08 playoff loss to the Ravens and they were all smiles and joking around. They looked like two guys who just won a playoff game rather than lost one. But I gave them the benefit of the doubt. It's their job. And everyone deals with disappointment in their own way.

But on the field, and in the locker room, KB always struck me as the kind of guy who definitely cared about winning.

2. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

KB was pissed after that game... he was shoving everything aside on his way to the locker room and he said that was the toughest loss of his career.

3. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

You witness this? I've never read such things reported by the media. If so, I'll back off my opinion.

Bulluck, IMO, never was the leader he should have been. I certainly don't see him being someone worthy to judge this defense when he was part of quite a few which looked like they laid down.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I didn't know about the crying, but he was definitely throwing barriers aside in the tunnel. That's what I was referring to.

I'm sure you can find the clips somewhere. I was one of the brave souls who watched our highlights after the loss... they showed KB pissed going into the locker room.

5. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

Yes I saw it live, he was throwing stuff in the tunnel, kicking stuff in the locker room, then when interviewed you could see he was very emotional about it all. There's got to be footage of it somewhere, the cameras were everywhere.

Even when Fisher wore the Manning jersey for charity you could tell the person bothered most by it was Keith.

Keith and Cortland gave our defense the edge we no longer have.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Yeah I remember that as well. They must've smoked a big fatty in the car though, because about half an hour later he was all smiles and giggles. My wife and I were actually talking about how much more depressed we were than them. LOL

I didn't know about the throwing stuff in the tunnel until later that night.

7. corymiller

corymiller New Era Connoisseur

He quit on te Urlacher pick 6 bruh.

He def takes plays off

8. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

Addressing the questions of the OP, IMO, I think it has everything to do with the professionalism (character) of the individual players on the field.

Professionalism means rising up when knocked down—not just because you take personal pride in your success—but because you don't want to let down the guy playing beside you. It's about accountability. It points to everything that team is about. Anyone who places their own success above the team or doesn't care if they let down a teammate is a cancer and needs to be gone regardless of their talent.

It might be unrealistic to expect this anymore in professional sports.

9. Obie09

Obie09 Pro Bowler

How did he quit on that play? You want him to chase down Urlacher when he's 40 yards away?

10. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Good post.

But do you agree that it's been a problem pre-Munch era? And if so, what does that say about the people who are in charge of putting the roster together? Is it just "bad luck" that we end up with so many low-character guys?

I know every team has their "me-first" players. Or guys who are just in it for a paycheck. And I know certain teams are much more well-equipped to overcome adversity than ours. But it just seems like we roll over more than most other teams, even the bad ones.

IDK, perhaps it's not as bad as I'm making it out to be and it's just a situation where I (obviously) pay a lot closer attention to our team than others. But it sure as hell seems that way.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar