Just an observation: no more McNairs

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by lateknight, Oct 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raistmagic

Raistmagic Starter

How is that building VY? It's building the team. The Jags were outmatched as in our team is better than there team with KC, VY, Rex Grossman, Matt Leinart, you name it.

As easily as VY lead us down the field on the opening drive, I thought it was pretty obvious that we would handle them pretty easily. By the time the injury and all had been figured out we were scoring a TD to make it 14-0. I wouldn't risk my starting QB in that situation.

Why does this have to be KC vs VY? What is your problem? Yeah, KC lead us to 5 scoring drives? Who's to say that VY wouldn't have? Furthermore, who cares? KC is the back up and VY is the starter. No one seems to have problem with that but you.

2. TitanBlazer

TitanBlazer Starter

I could not disagree with you more. While I know McNair didn't have the best work ethic when it came to practicing. Sometimes due to injury and I'm sure sometimes just because he didn't feel like it. However on gameday I never worried about Steve. I knew we were going to get his all whether he was hurt or not. I will forever associate Steve's character as a player with the 02 Giants game. He was phenomenal and as the story goes he could barely get out of bed that morning (as most mornings as his career went along). So no I do not have that opinion of McNair. While he may have blamed poor play on injury at times... I mostly remember his injuries only coming up after he just had a great game in spite of them.

Oh and as far as why VY doesn't stay in the game when he is injured like McNair did? I think it has more to do with JF feeling the drop off from McNair to say a Volek or O'Donnell is greater than a VY to KC. Jeff trusted McNair and I think he trusts KC more than VY. I mean I think we all know who Jeff would prefer to have under center.

3. onetontitan

onetontitan Marioto

McNair was a freak of nature and is the toughest QB I've ever seen play the game.

• High Five High Five x 3
  4. Titanup1982

Titanup1982 All-Pro

When you say there are no more McNair's. Why do you only name black QB's?

5. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

The crap that people make up and subsequently believe...

6. Finnegan2win

Finnegan2win hopesfall2win

I'm sure he was referring to scrambling quarterbacks..

7. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

VY not coming back into the game was a coaches decision. KFC was doing the job so why bring VY back into the game? Let him heal. If KFC goes out and does not perform then bring VY back in. I can recall similar situation early in McNair's career when we had NO backing him up.

8. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

it seems like a pretty logical statement...I've seen knees get bent to a lesser degree than that, boom season over. Then you get cases like Young, where it looks a lot worse than it is. No quesiton, we dodged a bullet.

9. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

No comment.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GmGMyyZ5P7U&p=1485866E7213CC11&playnext=1&index=12

"This story defines Steve"

I can't believe that too many titan fans have not seen this but Fisher in the end talks about Mcnair's original sternum injury against the Chiefs in 2000 which was so painful and bothersome that he talked about quitting.

The very next game after a bye week he was listed as the #2 QB and had to come in when Odonnell was dinged and as we know led us to a win over the Steelers and finished the season without missing a game.

Remember when he missed 5 games with back surgery in 99 and in his first game back was running like nothing happened? He averaged 37 yards rushing per game that year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar