Jr. All American Football/Pop Warner Football

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stephenson, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

What did you end up playing?

I played Jr. All American Football for 7 years. My team was called the Huntington Beach Dolphins. Located in the Orange County area of Southern California.

I remember our best year was 2001, we went 7-1, our only loss coming to the South Orange County Patriots. They along with the Fountain Valley Jaguars were out bitter rivals. The Patriots went undefeated, we later met them in the Divisional Playoffs after beating the Jaguars in the Wildcard round.

The thing about our playoff system, was we played at other teams stadiums instead of our own, so no team had home field advantage. So we played the Patriots, under the lights of Compton High School. Now that I look back at it, we always played playoff games in Compton, Inglewood, Carson, or some other ghetto area.

So basically, my hatred for the Patriots transitioned over to the real NFL teams. We ended up losing to the Patriots in the playoffs 17 to 14.

Anyone got any stories of their sports days?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I played for Australia

3. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

I don't remember a single game that I played in the little leagues. I started in 5th grade-1995 or 96, and I can only remember certain events, most of which don't even pertain to the games.

I remember there was this huge thug kid named Antonio, he had a kid at age 12. They went by grade level in our league, and I think he got held back like twice or something

And I remember having to run a lot, because my coach was a tool in 5th grade.

Our practices were infinitely harder than I ever dealt with in High School. (That was before Korey Stringer and all the High School kids started dying of heat exhaustion and dehydration)

The games were largely meaningless, I coached a kids league too, in '06, it was the most infuriating thing I've ever done. Kids are ridiculous.

Last year, I coached at the High School level, for a team that went winless the year before.. They went winless again.. Luckily I only lasted for the offseason and two games. Volunteer coaching at its finest.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

In 4th grade I ran for 4 TD's and on the 4th one I lost my shoes half way through the run, and got ran down by some fat kid who also for some reason lost his shoes. Luckily for me I scored, but he still tackled me like 5 seconds after the whistle, and got nothing called on him. But that's not where the story ends. I also played soccer during football season and had a game later in the day where guess who was playing goalie. It was that fat kid who made me so mad earlier in the day catching me, so I decided to take my soccer cleats off and throw them at him then score a goal. But this time the refs chose to call a penalty for me hitting him with 2 cleats. I actually quite soccer that night after the game and kept with football. I was sick in soccer too, but hated running and running and running. And that fat kid was never seen again. My football coach was my cousins best friends Dad, and I still to this day when I'm back in Mississippi hear about that football game.

5. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

I talked with my brother about our experiences of football back then. I ended up finding all our scores and schedules from 2001.

My brothers team outscored their opponents 282 to 81. They lost in the Playoffs to the Patriots. >:(

Actually found my jersey and helmet.

6. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I was once running in for an open TD, no one around me for miles and I was going to fast for myself I over-balanced and fell over about 10 yards short. Of course being NCAA rules I was down.

Pretty embarrassing.

7. Stephenson

Stephenson Camp Fodder

LOL! :ha::ha::ha:

I was used like Lendale White when I played football. I remember dragging two defenders in the endzone on a 30 yard TD run. I mostly got my carries on the goal line.

Actually, our Quarterback was Tate Forcier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eh13WiJZ7MM

I remember our playoff game against the Inglewood Jets. He had about 130 yards rushing with two TDs.

8. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

My High School lost 4 games all 4 years that I was there. 2 of the games happening my freshman year when I wasn't on varsity. I played starting FS and had some playing time at WR my Jr-Sr year and RB my Sr year. I started FS So-Sr year (So. year only because the starter a Sr. broke his ankle and was out for 6 games) STATE CHAMPS IN 08 and 09!

My Sr Year (last year) I had 88 Tackles 6 INTs 2 Sacks 5 FF 1 TD at Safety, 203yards 2 TDs Rushing, and 534 3 TDs rec.
    (In 10 out of 11 games and usually only played 3 quarters because we were dominating)

Currently I play safety at my community college. I'm backup for both safety positions and 4th string CB/WR and on the kickoff team. Registered 3 tackles for the first game :)

9. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

That's pretty cool. I always wanted to play ball in the states.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar