JPP 'underwhelms'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 4, 2010.

?
  1. JPP

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Morgan

50 vote(s)
    86.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nine

Nine Starter

As silly as it sounds, I was actually happier to see JPP come off the board at #15 than I was to see the Titans get Morgan at #16.

IMO, to determine the true value of a draft pick, you not have to consider the player's potential, but how likely you think he is to live up to it, and how long it will take.

Considering the risk involved and the 2-3 years of development before getting any return on the investment....I would have put a mid-to-late second-round grade on him, which means I wouldn't have taken him in the top 50 picks.

Like I said...I'm just glad he was already gone, to remove any temptation.

2. DJB

DJB Starter

Well, at least he was in shape enough to practice.....I'm looking at you Mr Britt

3. 2ToneBlueBlood

2ToneBlueBlood Pro Bowler

The Giants did us a HUGE favor by taking him before we had the chance to take him. I think I would have rather drafted a holder in the 1st round rather than JPP.

4. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

^Considering the golden toe of Bironas is half our production, picking up an All-Pro holder isn't the worst idea. But I guess that's what Collins is. He's our All-Pro $5M holder/backup QB.

5. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

I havent heard anything about Morgan in practice. he must not be impressing.

6. Titan_Cam

Titan_Cam Camp Fodder

Collins isn't our holder. The punter Kern is.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Agreed. Dunlap and JPP didn't make my list.

8. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

or the media in new york is a lot more boisterous about everything, good or bad.

9. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

naw, our rookies just arent standing out like other rookies on other teams, even the Jags said Tyson Alualu made their jaws drop in practice. Cowboys said they havent seen a WR like Dez Bryant in a long time.

We just have some average joes for now.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

so you expect the teams to bad mouth their newly drafted players before they even play a snap in the pre-season? hell, even coughlin tried to put a positive spin on the JPP situation by saying he was pleased he finished practice.

you're not going to hear anything positive about linemen until the pads go on and real bullets start flying. but hey, at least they're talking about JPP, whether it's negative or positive.

and by the way, people have been talking pretty favorably about damian williams.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar