JPP 'underwhelms'

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, May 4, 2010.

?
  1. JPP

8 vote(s)
    13.8%
  2. Morgan

50 vote(s)
    86.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

'07:23 AM ET 05.03 | The Giants' first-rounder, Jason Pierre-Paul, drew a fair amount of attention on the field over the weekend. Several times, Pierre-Paul looked slow getting in and out of his stance and pushing off the line of scrimmage. He was often hunched over, seemingly winded, though he insisted he was only in pain. At one point, he was on his knees on the ground as the trainers sprayed him with water and applied a bandage to his lower back. [Tom] Coughlin, who has little tolerance for any injuries, seemed pleased that his new, 6-5, 270-pound defensive end fought through the pain and kept practicing.'

New York Daily News

Source: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f..._giants_top_pick_struggles.html#ixzz0mpR2ftBS

Not like it means much, but still....

Seeing as he is w/ the G-men there will be lots of media on him, so we'll we'll see how the story unfolds.

2. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

This dude is going to blow it big time in New York. JPP wishes he'd have gone to the Jags or somewhere his mistakes would be overlooked. In New York he will last 1-2 seasons before being moved. He's such a deceiving prospect, I'm sooooo happy he went before we could have made that mistake. He did sell himself well tho, props for that. I don't care much for other teams during the draft, but the whole time JPP was on the board, I was watching closely hoping he'd be taken before our 16th pick. Luckily he tricked the Giants into believing he's worthy. It won't be long before the Giants are wishing they could hit the 'undo' button.

3. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

graham, hughes then morgan.

4. World Peace

World Peace Nephew Gunner

I dont buy this "hunched over" and out of breath stuff. These guys can only get in football shape by playing football. With that said, are you a true NFL prospect when you've only played 8 D1 NCAA games?

5. JCBRAVE

The Giants basically threw out that first round pick. He's not the player they think they got. You'll see. Now where is ol' Jesse at to stir this up?

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Certainly it is pre-mature to think we have any idea what type of player this kid will turn out to be. Everyone knew Morgan was the more polished and ready guy and predicting Morgan will come out of the gate faster is a reasonable assumption.

JPP could still end up being the equal or better of Morgan. Who knows really? The thing is when you draft a guy that soon in the draft you would hope you cold get something out of the guy right away especially at DE.

Since we got Morgan I'm on the Morgan bandwagon. a Couple of things we know for sure IMO are that Morgan will work hard to be the best he can be (there is evidence of that in his past) and Wash will get the most out of the guy. Those improve the odds significantly. I'm pretty sure we will get more out of Morgan in those first couple of years where JPP might be watching from the sidelines or ineffective when he is in there.
    There is also a chance JPP end up being a complete dud where Morgan is going to be at least decent IMO.

So I'm glad we picked Morgan and thank the Giants for not picking him.

7. JCBRAVE

Yes, I suspect it'll take JPP 2-3 years before he comes together, and even then he won't be as good as Morgan. I don't claim to have a crystal ball, but I just don't envision JPP turning out like Jevon Kearse as many presume he may. I see a 4th round player who pulled together some nice workouts to impress some fools holding clipboards.

What we'll see out of Morgan in training camp this year is what we'll might be able to see in JPP 2-3 years from now. Hey, maybe in 5 years I'll admit he panned out to be good, but today he's a wasted 1st round pick to me. Not a bust per se, but a disappointment absolutely. And I know it's very early to say this, but still.

8. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

hahhahahhahahhaha:rotfl:

9. TitansBlue

TitansBlue Camp Fodder

honestly alot of that article sounds like there might be something wrong with him...like something they need to take him to a doctor about before it gets worse (or really serious)

10. JCBRAVE

It sounds to me like the Giants pulled an "uh-oh" and didn't do their due diligence on this one. No surprise to me as I believe Tom Coughlin is a complete imbecile. I heard JPP commenting on this, and I was left thinking "WTF?".

I AM SOOOO HAPPY WE DIDN'T END UP WITH THIS GUY.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar