Josh Gordon vs. Kendall Wright

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitansWillWin2, Dec 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

You guys still glad we took Wright over his obviously better teammate Gordon?

2. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

You'll find any stupid, petty reason to try to be right won't you?

• High Five High Five x 7
  3. RockyTop Fox

RockyTop Fox Offensive Coordinator

Well jeez it's easy to say that now, after he has gone off for a couple of 200 yard games. There was no way of telling who the better player would have been at the time. All it is was a guess.

And we're only in year 2. I'll wait to reserve my judgement until after their careers play out thank you very much.

4. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Looks like a tie so far. Neither player is helping enough to WIN games.

• High Five High Five x 1
  5. TitansWillWin2

Don't get me wrong I think Wright is our best WR, I just predicted that Gordon was the better the player.

6. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

Josh Gordon has already hurt his team once by being suspended for drug use and is now facing a year suspension if he messes up again. So yeah, I'm glad we took Kendall Wright over him. I've personally had enough of unreliable, immature, me-first knuckleheads on this team. I don't care how physically gifted they are. In the end they alway end up letting you down when you need them most.

• High Five High Five x 2
  7. TitansWillWin2

That's just a pessimistic way at looking at things.

8. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

And I'll even go ahead and say that I think Wright has the better overall career between the two. I could easily see Gordon being a flash in the pan who eventually fizzles out. And while Wright is most likely never going to be the type of WR to put up ridiculous numbers, he's a baller who I think will be solid year in and year out.

I said it when we drafted him and I'll say it again, even if Kendall only ends up being a solid, reliable #2 then I still think he was worth the pick. Especially considering our WR history.

• High Five High Five x 2
  9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

How is that pessimistic? All I'm saying is we've had so many of those types of players in recent years.... Pacman, VY, Fat Al, Britt. I'm just SO over them. Give me the slightly less talented guy who can actually be relied upon any day of the week.

10. TitansWillWin2

Wrong you don't draft #2 WR's with your first overall pick. However as of right now he is our number 1 so I'm not regretting the pick for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar