Jones Facing Felony Charge in Georgia

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Gunny, Mar 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitch

skitch Shut Up and Play Ball!

It is a good job, but in the 2 different articles he did on Wenesday and Thursday.....

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070301/SPORTS01/70301077/1002/SPORTS

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070301/SPORTS01/703010419/1027

It is like there are 3 different versions of the same 2 incidents.
    Very confusing.

2. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

I think the variance in the different accounts indicates alot of bias / perception from the various sources. This much variance is a good thing for Pac and supports his attorney's suggestion of "mob mentality".

Let's all be honest. Pac probably has smoked alot of weed, it wasn't his mother's or girl-friend's, his defiant/fiesty temperment has precipitated alot of his troubles with the authorities, and his persistent alliance with his "associates of questionable repute" keep him in bad situations. I'm sure he's been guilty of substance abuse. He is just smart enough to do the things to keep the charges from sticking.

I'm sure this has frustrated authorities to no end and they are stretching procedures they as they can to "get the guy". Ultimately, the law always wins (thank goodness), but I'm not sure they have enough to get Pac this time. We'll just have to see what the LVPD finally comes up with. The timing of the last incident suggests alot of "piling on" to crush Pac in the public's eye in an effort to finally get something to stick.

Also, Arora has threatened a civil suit against Susnar. That appears to have been effective in shutting up that douchebag.

I'm more optimistic now that this whole Pac situation will resolve with some form of fine for NFL personal conduct policy violation, Pac being enrolled in the NFL substance abuse program with RANDOM testing, and a obstruction charge that will actually stick (we'll see).

We really should be proud of how the FO is handling this situation. They have been reticent to comment- very professional.

3. dg1979us

dg1979us Pro Bowler

Thats a stretch at best. His advertising budget should more or less be zero at this point with all of the free publicity his club is getting. Plus, we are talking about a strip club, not a country club. Not exactly a place with a real wholesome image to begin with, and I dont think one incident is going to push business away. Im going to have to agree with Rolltide here, as I am confused as to how so many on this board are portraying the owner as the bad guy in this situation.

4. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Mob mentality has been the theme in Pac's camp, and it is true. Right now, any female who has a pristine reputation could make a lot of money
    off of Pac. If Pac is in Krogers shopping, the girl could just jump on him, knock him down, start screaming and no one would believe Pac.

I love him and it makes me sad to think that there is a chance that Pac is not on the team this year. When Pac is around "normal" people he's funny, sweet and very articulate. When he gets around his "boys", he's a totally different Pac that I don't want to be around.

Everyone who really loves and cares about the man and not his status as a wealthy football players hopes that he makes choices that enhance his life for the better. If not for his past choices he could really be a star in the NFL and do other things outside the NFL. Hopefully he will recognize that it's O.K. to leave the street life behind. It's not abandoning his "peeps" to live the "bougie" life. If his "peeps" were really down for him, they'd use their friendship with Pac to better their lives and quit being street rats.

Only Pac can do this. He's been talked to, he's been warned, his Mama and 'nem have cried over it, his agent has reprimanded him and took hits from the league and team for him, his "non street" friends have expressed their disappointment in him, but in the end, only Pac can change the way he's been living.

5. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

would you goto a place where a shooting just occurred?

well why is Pacman being portrayed as the bad guy when as far as me or you or anyone here knows he shot no one.

6. Ewker

Ewker Starter

portrayed as a bad guy :biglaugh:

7. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

'the' not 'a'

don't go all RollTide on me.

8. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:))

9. Riverman

Riverman That may be.... Tip Jar Donor

Pac love-fest on NFL Total Access tonight. Deion was really pulling for him in his corner. He's getting better national exposure.

Basic gist: He is a good guy until he gets loaded with alcohol then the poor decisions come. Deion actually reported that Pac was going to bed, his "friends" talked him to going back to the club....

The PR pendulum appears to be swinging with an "intervention" by the NFL with the Personal Conduct Policy. I think Pac is going to come out alright. Much less of a witch hunt mentality on the national media today.

10. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

I think not signing Clements is a good sign Pac is staying (else we are screwed).

And there's been less of a witch hunt on this board too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar