Joe Horn refuses to take a pay cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

I find it amusing that people point to Ginn's injury as the reason the Buckeyes lost that game. Didn't they have the Heismann winner under center? Wouldn't you think that if they could beat them with their top reciever they would have at least put up a good fight without him?

2. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

When your QB's best reciever goes down it dosent matter who you are your going to struggle. And dont sit there and tell me we shoulda been able to beat them regardless if he diddnt get injured cuz thats bs. You see the explosiveness he brings when hes on the field. But Im not going to lie Florida wasent no push over. But then again they could of been. We came in to cocky and too confident. I really could care less what you guys think. We got beat by a team that we were leagues above. Happens to everyone. Unfortantly it happened in the National title game. Diddnt wanna go off topic on this thread but I did. Sorry

3. Ewker

Ewker Starter

:lol2: :bsflag: :makefun: :moon2:

Ohio State was over rated all yr..The NCG proved it.

4. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

SOOOO overatted yet we remained the number 1 team since week 1 and went to the championship game. our QB won the heisman over the golden boy Brady Quinn. We average over 300 yards of total offence every single game. What did your team do? Please dont tell me your a Michigan fan cuz ill puke rite here and now.

It just baffles me that everyone on here said Ohio State was going to dominate Florida and everyone was so sure of it but then we lose and all of you sharks jump at the chance of talkin crap about them. You shouldnt be able to talk trash unless your a Gator fan. And another thing. Jamarcus Russle and Brady Quinn are NOT better then Troy Smith. Oakland better realize that soon. Troy Smith is the way to go. Dont believe it now idc. EVERYONE said VY wasent going to be a high pick and look where he is now.

5. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Wow... delusion... leagues above? Ridiculous.

Why are you so confident that we'd get stallworth?

6. RyansTitans

RyansTitans Guest

OK this thread isent about the Buckeyes. Thats old news. People need to bring up told things cuz they have nothing new to come up with. And Im not confident that were getting him. Basicly what im saying is we need him and if we dont get him then were screwed. Bennett might be gone , Givens wont be back soon enough. Jones isent a #1 and Wade is not good enough to be a top guy. We need someone. Stallworth , Moss , Horn , I DONT CARE.. ANYONE. T.O even

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's a different statement. Saying we need someone is a lot broader than the rest of your statements. We could get a lower round WR in the draft too...

8. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

There you go, you do know why you lost. My point was not that you should have been able to beat them without Ginn, my point was that if you could beat them with Ginn you shouldn't lose by 27 without him. I know Ginn is a play maker, but he's not gonna make 30 points difference, and it's not like you can blame his absence for allowing 41 points. But as you said, we're getting off topic.

I do think we need a good reciever, I wouldn't mind signing Horn to a one year deal if Orr can develop like some people think he will just to get a stop-gap for this season as we let Orr and our other young recievers get another year of play under their belt, I do think we'll take a reciever in the draft, but Idk about first round unless it's Ginn, Johnson, or Jarrett. If all three of them are gone (which wouldn't surprise me at all) I'd hope we'd take a stud at another position and leave WR to later in the draft.

9. oilerstruck

oilerstruck Hall of Fame

Jerry Rice

Jerry is too old to play but what about him as our new receivers coach?

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Ryans..

Don't compare troy smith to vince young vince is a great runner and smith is not. And smith is not nearly as big as young.

I agree with gunny we should not draft ginn and horn's best days are behind him. Horn was impressive when he played last year but i want a guy who can stick around and be productive for a few years.

Lelie and stallworth are worthy FAs and curtis could help us but mainly there isn't anyone out there much better than bennett.

As for the ohio state game the buckeyes got the crap kicked out of them 41-13. How could ginn have made up that difference? He already gave his team their only TD. It wasn't even close!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar