Joe Horn refuses to take a pay cut

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by cdy_hitt, Feb 14, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdy_hitt

cdy_hitt Senior...

I heard on Cold Pizza this morning that Joe Horn is refusing to take a pay cut. Would the Saints release him? If he would be released, I think we should go after him.
  2. PhiSlammaJamma

PhiSlammaJamma Yao

I would sign him for any amount. He'd probably get less catches here, but he'd be our best target. My concern would be that he is a turf wide receiver. I honestly have no idea. But regardless, he'd still be a major upgrade for us.

I don't see the Saints letting him go. They've come to far to stop now.
  3. Soxcat

Soxcat Starter

The Saints are fairly loaded at WR and don't really need Horn which is why they wanted him to take a pay cut. If he continues to refuse I could easily see him in another uniform. Devery Henderson caught 32 balls for 750 yards, a 23 YPC average. Colston looks like he could be a stud and had over 1000 yards despite missing some time with injury. Terrance Copper had almost 400 yards despite only starting 4 games for the Saints. Also Horn is 35 years old.
  4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne Damnit, I cant find my driving moccasins anywhere!

Yeah, Last year the Saints proved they could throw any receiver in that offense and not miss a beat. So I see him as gone unless he changes tune.
  5. SuperFreak90

SuperFreak90 Starter

I'm hearing the same thing that he is gone in NO.
  6. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

That's too bad, he should take a pay cut and finish his career there. He's meant a lot to that team, you'd think he'd recognize the position he's in. I wouldn't want to pay him as much as he'll go for if he leaves the Saints.
  7. oochymp

oochymp Camp Fodder

If he's refusing to take a pay cut, that tells me he'll be asking for a lot more than he's probably worth, so no, I wouldn't want to go after him
  8. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

as long as we don't overbid for his services
  9. Alex1939

Alex1939 Old Man Tip Jar Donor

Actually this makes great sense to me...

If we are planning to draft for Defense. So we sign Horn, he's old.. will only be here max 2 years, then no more money worries from him. Gives Jones a chance to play WR#2 and see if Givens can return and contribute. My point being, Horn wouldnt be around for long and shouldnt cause us cap problems down the road.

Maybe we target a WR next year draft, for the future.
  10. FightinTitan

FightinTitan Guest

Judging from the comments, most of the posters here would take a 45 year old Jerry Rice if he was available....based only on his performances from 20 years ago.:ha:

If some folks were GM, we'd be broke from offering contracts out like ham sandwiches to geriatric patients.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.