Jim Wyatt reports Titans initial plans may be tremendously damaged.

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by DownSouthPlayer, Mar 19, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

If we dont get Manning:

Honestly, I want Kamerion Wimbley. Hes had 16 sacks in the past two years, and also VERY good against the run. He's also played on the Raiders; and is only 28. Was making like 10M with the Raiders though, and he's not worth that. Sign Wimbley, then go after someone like Brodrick Bunkley, and resign Dave Ball for 1 yr.

Then draft Peter Konz 1st, DE 2nd, DT 3rd.

Leaves us with our DL depth as:
    DE: Wimbley - Morgan - Ball - 2nd Rounder
    DT: Casey - Bunkley - 3rd Rounder - Klug - Marks (potential cut) - Smith (potential cut)

Hopefully removing Amano and adding Hutch & Konz would get CJ going again.

2. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

At what point does the fact that Jason Jones can't stay healthy at DT and is a horrible DE come into play.

It's amazing how much love a guy gets just because he put Rothlessburger on the ground 3 times in 2008.

• High Five High Five x 1
  3. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I am all for bringing Wimbley in, but I think he is depth that will compete for a starting spot. I think we still spend our first on DE and have them decide over camp. We just flat out do not have the roster to give away a starting spot like that with so many question marks with Morgan.

4. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Agree with first two, except we don't need another DT IMO. Casey, Klug.. with Smith/Marks and a late draft pick for depth.

Go DB or WR with the third.

Then, late in the draft, (7th round just so we know he will be good), take Janzen Jackson FS. Can contribute immediatly.

/best possible draft

5. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

What if Coples, Mercilus, and Perry are gone; then what? Are you going to reach on Branch, Chandler Jones, or Crick? I hope not. Maybe Vinny Curry, even then at #20 I think he's a slight reach - and i'm a big fan.

No. If the DEs are gone, look at DT, C, CB, or S. We're not a lock to take a DE with our 1st. I hope we do, but I could see us not if those 3 are gone.

6. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

We still have Ingram

With all that are available, I find it unlikely that one should not make it to us. Of course, if the guys aren't there don't reach.

7. Scarecrow

Scarecrow All-Pro

I really hope we do not go corner with out first pick, I don't even want to see it addressed until the 4th. We have guys on the roster capable of starting, I don't see corner as a pressing issue at all.

8. nickmsmith

nickmsmith Most poverty RB core.

Agree about Jones. He was not good at end, and he was inconsistent at tackle. He's had more than a couple of seasons to prove that he can be a consistent performer and earn that big contract, and he hasn't done it. He had some high points... but so did Reynaldo Hill and Lamont Thompson (remember that game vs. favre? 2 picks.)

We need some DLinemen who don't disappear for quarters/games/seasons at a time.

Time for Morgan to show what he's worth this season or he can hit the road, too.

9. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Go to wikipedia

2) Type in "TENNESSEE TITANS"

3) Scroll down to "Roster"

4) Look at our defensive line

5) Show me how Peyton Manning affected that

• High Five High Five x 2
  10. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Mercilus, Coples, and Branch are all worth our #20.

We'll be fine at that spot with at least one of those guys.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar