Jim Schwartz and The Lions

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by ColtKiller, Apr 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

You think Fairley will be that good? A top 2 guy?

2. jessestylex

jessestylex DeadGirlsCantSayNo

Suh is great, but the Packers won the SB,,,,,, you know why? QB!

3. griff33daddy

griff33daddy Starter

i know and i think we should trade him while we have some value in him as he is going to want a unreal paycheck when the time comes too and then he will leave anyways rb is always replacable...get more picks just my opinion...love the jamie harper pick

4. LANGSTER

LANGSTER Pro Bowler

The lions had a great draft again they got playmakers. Not sure that we did or didn't but I do think the lions are getting better fast!

5. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

As a Lions/Titans fan I was much more pleased with the Lions draft than the Titans, that's for certain.

This may be the first year I expect the Lions to be better than the Titans. Crazy.

6. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

I'm going to watch the Lions this year as well as the Titans.

That D line should be fun to watch.

7. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The Lions at 13 had it pretty nice because a stud defensive lineman was going to be there. Watt-Kerrigan-Fairley so they couldn't help but get one of those guys. A lot of Lions fans really wanted Watt but you can't knock the Fairley pick.

I just thought Watt and Kerrigan were 2 really special guys and players who were both all conference academically and both had incredible motors. But the DT combination of Suh, Fairley and Williams is going to wear people out.

8. Alex1939

Alex1939 Space Invaders Champion

Yeah I do. I really think in 2020 we could look back and say "The Lions had the best two DTs of the last decade."

9. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

I think the Lions are getting a little too much credit, too early. Sure, they have Suh (he's a monster), but Fairley is unproven. Also, Avril is nothing amazing and KVB maybe has a year or two left. As for theirs LBs, they're pretty bad.. same with their corners. Stafford can't stay healthy. Titus and Calvin will be sweet, but somehow has to throw them the ball. Plus LeShoure and Best will be a sweet combo. Personally, I would of drafted Amukamara over Fairley. If they can land a couple decent LBs and an average CB they'll be set.

young talented team, needs to stay healthy.

10. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

The only real knock against Fairley is how questionable work ethic. I think being drafted to line up next to Suh is the best possible situation for him: they don't need a dominant DT, they already have one. It's up to Nick to turn that dominant beast into a dominant tandem, and if the possibility of playing second fiddle his whole career isn't motivating enough then the guy just isn't cut out.

And you just don't draft a CB over a DT if you have a need at both. If Fairley pans out, I'm hard pressed to think of a better DT tandem, ever. These guys are in their early twenties, primed to dominate together for the next decade. That's unbelievable. A DT can effect every play, run or pass. A CB will impact a hand full of plays on a good day. DT's make CBs better. Ask Nick Harper about Albert Haynesworth if you don't agree.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar