Jevon Kearse Arrested For DUI

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Alpha-Centuri, Jun 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Mrs

The Mrs Crush on Casey Starbucks!

Yeah, basically. Plus, I don't want the incident to embarrass my family.

2. Puck

Puck Pro Bowler

I agree

driving that early in the morning when there's very little traffic is already working against you as not only are you more visible, but officers are looking closer to begin with, especially if you're leaving a scene where you know it's probably been monitored (nothing easier than to watch a club/pub/bar/etc. for patrons to stumble out)

but 1 drink in a big ol boy like Jevon shouldn't impair him enough to attract said attention. there's got to be other factors at work
    I've read where he was driving erratically and and stumbled when he was asked to get out, idk

I've got a simple list that might work for dimming that spotlight
    a) don't let your stereo gives them a reason to stop you to turn it down
    b) stay in your lane, somewhere within 5mph of the speed limit
    c) stop for three seconds at stop signs
    d) use your blinker
    e) don't ride with your brights on
    f) don't try beating a light if your able to stop for it
    g) don't run lights either
    h) if you're leaving a "pub", check your environment for cruisers

and for the obvious thought : if you're leaving an establishment and you've had a few and there's police in the immediate area, DON'T stumble into your vehicle (with a drink in hand), crank up the system, burn rubber out of the lot, run signs and signals, weave through lanes - with no blinkers, or trip out of your vehicle if asked to step out

3. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I don't think it is acceptable I personally don't see the relevance. Jevon wasn't the only person that was arrested for a suspcion of DUI or DUI that night but we didn't hear about them. Most people that get DUIs don't lose their job or get reprimanded. Heck, most employers never know if their employees get DUIs.

My point is that Jevon made a mistake, what he was wrong. He should have to answer to the judge and the courts, NOT the Tennessean and gotitans.com. If the judge says he has do 30 days in jail, then I should have to miss 4 games with pay. If the judge says it''s his first offense and lets him off (which happens a lot with first time offfenders) then it is a done deal.

I don't think atheletes or entertainers should be unfairly targeted or given preferential treatment. I think Jevon should be treated like all other Nashvillians, which does not include newspaper and news coverage.

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

Knowing that your DUI would appear in the media makes it all the more idiotic for athletes to take the chance.

And there are lots of people who would lose their jobs for a DUI. Anyone who drives for a living, truckers can lose their jobs just for speeding tickets.

5. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

Athelete's don't drive for a living so what's your point?

I don't think it should be media coverage. I think media coverage should be about the game.

6. NewsGrabber

NewsGrabber Guest

Titans DE Kearse won't talk about DUI charges

Jevon Kearse wouldn't talk Tuesday about being charged with drunken driving, saying instead that he is trying to concentrate on practice. More...

7. Ewker

Ewker Starter

his point is that anyone who is in the public eye is subject to the DUI being made a news topic. It doesn't matter if you play football or baseball, be a sportscaster or a shock jock DJ you will be on the front page when it happens. It really isn't that hard to understand.

• High Five High Five x 1
  8. Hoffa

Surely you're just acting dense.
    My point was to counter your point, when you said;

I merely corrected your false statement.
    Hope that helps you understand now.

9. Hoffa

Well, it's been about more than just the game for a while now, and it's not going to change.
    I'm sure you never voiced an objection about it when they reported on other teams players...:rolleyes:

10. MsTitan

MsTitan Camp Fodder

I understand your points I just don't agree with relevance. I think if people were more interested in their own lives then we could get back to real journalism, including sports journalism and media coverage. What does Jevon's DUI interfere with his ability to play football? He was drinking and driving (stupid mistake) but people do it all the time. I just don't understand how someone can crucify him for something that is so common in our society. Does that make it right? Absolutely not, but the point is why are being overly sensitize about something that occurs among nonatheletes at a much higher rate than atheletes?

He is a person just like me and I am a person just like him. I could have been him. I have been in that area drinking. It doesn't take much to be over the legal limit. You can be totally with it and above the legal limit. For anyone that thinks that what happened to Jevon would not or could not happen to you, you need to get out more. :yes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar