Jaws Loves Cutler

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by GoTitans3801, Apr 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

2. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

Right. We should automatically take the 2nd or 3rd best QB because we are not picking later? The bottom line is IF Cutler is the best of the three, that is the one that can be the best QB of the bunch over his career he is the guy you take. Not Leinart or Young. Take Cutler.

I like how Jaws basically puts Kiper in his place.

3. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

Anyone who puts down Kiper earns a plus in my book :thumb:

4. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

So jaws is an expert now?

He didn't even have the cajones to say that the other QBs might not be very good. At least kiper takes something of a stand that he thinks lienart and young are a cut above. To say that you think all three will be good is gutless because we know that is never true.

So jaws put kiper in his place? How? Jaws has a full time espn job, he has an ownership interest in an arena team. Where did he get the time to watch 100 hours of film? Was he at the workouts? Did he personally interview all three guys? Extensively?

If being an old former QB makes you a draft expert then why don't the titans hire every single living hall of fame QB for their consensus advice?

5. Vigsted

Vigsted Starter

What if you actually think all 3 might be good? It's not a given that 1 or 2 of them HAVE to be bust.

Well being a part owner of an AFL team doesn't eat up a whole lot of time, so he has probably just as much time as Kiper. I mean, his job is football after all. I could understand your point if he was the ESPN weatherman, but he's not.

6. welll ya if thats where we were picking thats who we would all be thinking about getting, but we are at #3 so i say we go with vince because in 2 or 3 years hes going to be a lot better qb than leinart is, garuntee it

7. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

Didn't intend to imply that it made me support Cutler, but it would make me feel better if it was looking like we were in a place to draft him. I did think he made some decent points about Cutler making plays in the same way he will be required to in the NFL, while Young and Leinart may have had more room for error.

Definitely enjoyed the smack on Kiper too.

8. dontdraftcutler

dontdraftcutler Downing Sucks. Kelly sucks even more.

I think I'm with Kiper on this one. I respect Jaws point though...the cold hard truth is neither of these guys knows who will be successful on the next level.

9. SEC 330 BIPOLAR

SEC 330 BIPOLAR jive turkey

I just want to know who Hodgie likes... :brow:

I think we all know who the real MO-Bile quarterback is...

ot: :ha: @ ddc ... Peyton manning is a WOMAN !!! nice.

10. Titans2008

Titans2008 Camp Fodder

Out of all of the so-called experts, I value Jaws' opinion the most. Especially when it comes to qb's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar