Jason McCourty....the next Finny?

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by titan_fan_4ever, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. titan_fan_4ever

titan_fan_4ever Titans Rule

drafted late (6th) only a round b4 Finny, and he's already ahead of the group. to be honest, id love it if this guy turns out to be the best of the group.

funny, mouton was drafted 3rd of the same year; he needs to step up.

although, it would be a sick combo if McCourty became a lockdown CB; what would the CB position nickname be....

Court and McCourty - trying to think of something that has to do with court :lol: . could have something to do w/ 'stepping on our court' or 'no chance in court' - be creative guys haahha

man i hate the offseason...THIS SPORT NEEDS AN F'IN SHORTER OFFSEASON...one of the worst thing i hate about this game along with commercials and whiny stars (every league has the latter though)

Also, in the same article, it talked about moving Amano to C and Harris in @ G. from what i've seen he shouldnt miss a beat. The one thing i like about Harris is his versatility; ability to play anywhere on the line. Last year, Amano was often running off the line, to the next level to create some room for CJ. I think Harris can do that as well, possibly better as he is more nimble (with the ability to play T). But either way, they should bring back Mawae; pro-bowl backups are never a bad thing

the article also said Otto was filling in for Roos. Does that mean he is next in line? i though the brass was high on troy Kropog, but it looks like otto might be higher on the depth chart? anyone know anything about this?

article (for both) - http://blogs.tennessean.com/titans/

2. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

On that one thread that said who would you pick to have a breakout year I pick Mcourty and hawk.

Mcourty is gonna make the team for sure his our best special team player during punts and kickoffs.Just like Finny was back in the day. I really hope this kid wins the CB job either him or Hood.

3. xpmar9x

xpmar9x The Real Slim Shady

It's going to be very interesting seeing Jason McCourty, Ryan Mouton, Tye Hill, Rod Hood, and Alterraun Verner fight for depth chart spots. Should be an interesting Off-Season for the whole defense - Every spot has position battles!

4. CJtheBeast

CJtheBeast Starter

I definately like the fact we have so many options at corner. It ensures that they will all come in at top shape and that hopefully, just hopefully, we'll end up with a solid corner to put alongside Finny.

If we can get our #2 corner to hold his own we'll have a top 10 defense next year. Paired up with the improved offense we had last year I think we would be at the top of the AFC.

5. 757Titan

757Titan We had zero pro bowlers

Fish also said that the cb#2 spot will be interchanging throughout the offseason so we can't all get our hopes up mcourty being thevguy, I personally think it will be mouton or hood, I remember court saying the titans were real high on mouton

6. Soxcat

Soxcat Pro Bowler

McCourty has as much chance as anyone. He has the athleticism and speed. Might end up coming down to who can stay healthy. That has been an issue for Mouton.

Otto was drafted because he excels at pass blocking and he might be the best LT backup we have right now.

7. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

If Jason's brother can be a 1st round prospect, then why is it a shocker that Jason can be our 2nd CB...

8. Smash

Smash 2017 Survivor Winner

Just because they're family, doesn't mean they have the same physical or mental skill set.

9. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

I see Mcourty Verner Hill Mouton Hood. Verner will be a package player like Vinny, while Mcourty will be the starter opposite Finny, with finny lining up on either side against the #1 Wr.

10. TitansJonne

TitansJonne OG triple OG

That's true but in this case they both do have similar skill sets. And in fact jason is supposed to be better in than his brother.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar