Jason Jones :) Kenny Britt :(

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by jessestylex, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

Thats kinda my point really. No one ever defines what they mean by maturity. They just throw out the word as a catch all.

Yes Britt has to improve on his craft, as in spend more time catching balls from VY, or working out with the WR coach (though in the titans case one could rightly argue that he may need more time away from )..

But complaining about him laughing? or drinking while under age? He is over 21 now are they going to complain the first time they see him drinking at some down town bar?

I love to be blunt and I will say that is just silly nonsense that has nothing to do with football. And i wish people would stop judging athletes are telling other people how they should live their lives. And i wish the networks would do this too.

If Britt still can smile after a bad at work, then more power to him. I sure as hell wish my girlfriend would laugh more and joke a bit after a bad day at work instead of taking it out on the dog, and slamming doors, your snapping at me for no reason.

2. amy

amy Starter

The perception is that Britt's clowning around after screwing up is a sign of immaturity and not taking his errors seriously enough. I suppose the best way to evaluate that is to think what you would do if at your work, you screwed up royally. Would you be laughing and clowning around, or would you be sitting, thinking on your errors and how to avoid them the next time around? I also suppose that would be a personal evaluation. I think Kenny's clowning is definitely an indication of how unfocused he is. But that's jut my opinion. Others have theirs.

3. costarica2

costarica2 Banned forever

If I was Kenny I would just smoke some pot before the game to get focus.(thats what I do)
    And try to pass the drug test somehow use Donnie Nickey's pee or something.
    That way Kenny plays good and Donnie does something for once.

4. Gunny

Gunny Shoutbox Fuhrer

Wow this thread is full of dumb chit.

5. GoT

GoT Strength and Honor

lol - almost as bad as the player twitter - almost

6. ColtKiller

ColtKiller Starter

This is the official nomination for the best ever jessestylex post.

7. RavensShallBurn

RavensShallBurn Ruck the Favens

I just high-fived Jesse twice in one thread. :eek:

8. karmarouge

karmarouge Camp Fodder

That is my point. Its only the way your mind works. It does mean that the way you perceive things means that there is any truth to it. A devout christian may fall sick, go to the doctor, get medicine for their illness and also have their church group pray for them. This person might say their god healed them. Its the way they perceive things. But the fact would remain that this person is well because the medicine they were given killed whatever parasite was causing their ills.

It is not very logical to assume that Britt is not taking his job seriously. He is every bit as worried, more so than even you the fan. This is his job this is his life we are talking about.

I know several people who use humor to bring levity to a high pressure stressful situation. If thats the way he handles things let him be.

I will still say it is absurd to complain because an athlete is laughing after a bad day. It would be like wise silly to praise an athlete because he went and kicked some coolers and sat alone on the bench in deep contemplative "thought" about his mistakes. That fake demeanor only appeals to gullible people.

If all it took was side line demeanor to make great athletes, i would have won the superbowl, MVP, CY Young, Houston 500 and be a chess grand master!:))

9. SawdustMan

SawdustMan #ChampChamp

For a guy that goes on and on about "facts" and "perceptions" hopefully you realize you are merely making an assumption there. Let's look at some facts, shall we.

1. The guy showed up so out of shape that Fisher initially held him out of OTA's because he was worried about Britt getting injured.

2. (a) He was arrested back in January for outstanding traffic warrants. (b) He was given a citation for driving on a revoked license last month and very easily could have been arrested then as well. He also apparently mouthed off the the cop giving him the ticket. Not smart when you are driving on a revoked license. I'm sure you will say these are trivial offenses, which is true. However, when you're being relied upon to be a major part of an organization and being paid millions of dollars to do so, you don't need to be getting arrested for anything. Period. Regardless of how trivial the offense might be. Not paying citations and driving on a revoked license may not be too huge of a deal. But it speaks to that mythical "immaturity" we talked of earlier.

3. His in-game focus is clearly not there.

Now, I'm not saying he completely doesn't give a crap. But to say "it is not very logical to assume that Britt is not taking his job seriously" is, well.... illogical given the facts.

10. Fry

Fry Welcome to the land of tomorrow!

Who knew facts were so debatable?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar