Jared Cook sets franchise record

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by Deuce Wayne, Dec 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jplusip

jplusip Pro Bowler

Why oh why is there a sCam Newton debate in a thread celebrating Cook's great day? :hmm:

2. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Duece wayne.. aka coco the monkey..

3. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

He was originally a wr, being converted to TE. Not sure how reverting back would exactly help him. I'm sure the coaches understand his strengths and weaknesses and to not be too one sided in practice as to hinder his growth.

4. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

When was he ever a WR he was drafted as a TE and played TE at South Carolina. I know they split him out wide and sees no catches, but I feel if he gets away from being a TE all together he will see strides.

5. Clark

http://georgia.scout.com/a.z?s=135&p=8&c=1&nid=1394146&pg=2

6. theprizdfighter

theprizdfighter Newb to the 19.5°

Good to see Cookie go off and Hass target him with consistency. He is fine at TE, obviously not a great blocking TE, but if he gets snaps at wideout it needs to be in the red zone.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Starter

He played receiver in high school and tried to get converted to TE for his immense size is all that tells me, and it's also telling me he not in his natural position at TE, he a one trick pony who can't block making our offense to predictable. I didn't watch the Jags game, however I watched the Colts game and his catches came when the Colts were in the prevent field, as someone mention how he gets open down the middle of the field.

8. Clark

My favorite catch of his during the jags game was when he punked his defender off the line causing him to fall and cook being wiiiiiide. I wasn't even sure it was legal but it was greeeat.

9. Clark

He has been doing better at blocking. He definitely isn't a traditional TE and it is one dimensional. But right now during this joke run game, I don't think it hurts. Give him more time to work on his blocking assignments and and I think he will be fine. Using two TE doesn't hurt anyways.

I've never seen him targeted when he split out wide, so I have doubts he can succeed out there. If he could. Great, a big monster receiver to go up and play some TE at times also... But I don't think it's going to happen.

10. Clark

The times where cook disappears is when we split him wiDe or run him on go routes from TE. At least that has been what I've noticed. This last game we gave him ALOT more crossing routes and slants. And he was targeted and caught every ball thrown his way. He did catch a couple running up the field, but I don't think that's where he is most successful. He should be a matchup type player. Football is all about match ups and I'm sure you know this.

Btw, cook burned the jags MLB when they were in a cover 2 d. Tho I don't think he has the speed to burn top CBs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar