Jake Locker ready to fight for his job

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by JCBRAVE, Jan 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

Always someone else's fault when it comes to :cj:

2. TitansWillWin2

TitansWillWin2 Pro Bowler

Same could be said for Locker! Or for when CJ does good it's because of something else. Like he was just running harder/trying harder this game. LMAO.

3. ImATitan

ImATitan Pro Bowler

I expect nothing less. Locker has an excellent attitude and is a great person. I am rooting for him so hard, but am pessimistic about his injury history.

4. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I agree. Locker at #8 was questionable then. I remember when they drafted him being afraid to death of his accuracy....Fast forward, and uh..Yeah...Injured and inaccurate. He is cheap, so lets keep him around to compete and would be a nice backup option. That 6 million of CJ needs to go towards rebuilding. They cannot have another year of average production at his cost.

5. Zappa71

Zappa71 MYAAAH!

That reason is he's made of glass.

6. Ten_Titans

Ten_Titans Pro Bowler

Is there any question he has the ability to be a franchise QB in him?

He just has to be more consistent, and stay on the damn field.

I don't know if he can do that, but I certainly hope he can.

• High Five High Five x 1
  7. The Hammer

The Hammer Ace Degenerate

I think we owe it to ourselves to see if he can

8. JR1980

JR1980 Pro Bowler

I have NO problem at all letting him compete...Lets see what he has got. I just have ZERO faith that he will last, ESPECIALLY if the Titans land a stud somehow at #11 at QB, which IMO, there will be a few available when they pick.

9. PorcupineTree

PorcupineTree Starter

I wouldn't expect him to say anything other than what he said. However, I didn't like the pick @ #8 either and was really hoping we would take Col Kap in the 2nd like Sf ended up doing. I think the Tians FO felt pressured by the entire VY situation into drafting QB tha high and because Jake has such a top shelf reputation outside of his athletic skills it was like they felt they had to draft the Anti-VY in a way. I like the kid a lot, and I even started to buy into the hype that was building prior to his injury during the Jets game, but when he came back (and I agree with those saying he may have come back a little too soon) I just felt like he started to regress almost immediatley. He wasn't looking like the second coming of Brady against the 49ers (until garbage time), Rams and Jags, in fact he looked worse with each of those successive games and couldn't move the offense very well at all, if CJ hadn't had his best game of the year against the Rams they would have lost that game i believe.

10. Architect

Architect Pain Train

With Locker missing most of the offseason and training camp under the new OC he make have a hard time taking the job away from the rookie QB who will have more time working in the offense. The only thing Jake would have going for him is more NFL experience.

• High Five High Five x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar