Jake Locker on NFL Network

Discussion in 'NFL Draft' started by chamgel2, Feb 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JCBRAVE

JCBRAVE goTitans 2019 Survivor Champion

I use to think highly of Tony Romo so here's what I want answered by Chris Palmer before I can get giddy about Locker; has baseball hindered Tony Romo's football abilities? It seems to me baseballs throwing motion is counter productive to QB's in football. I've seen it first hand keep a good friend of mine out of big college football. The video mentions the footwork in each sport being different, which contributes to Locker's poor throws. Locker has always been someone to keep an eye on, so us getting him wouldn't bother me. But I first need to know he won't be a Tony Romo pt.2.

2. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

As long as the QB is willing to put the work in to adjust his mechanics it should not hinder their QB play. There have been many QBs that have been drafted in both baseball and football that have gone on to very good professional careers. It just goes back to whether they are willing to make the change to their mechanics that is necessary.

3. JCBRAVE

Let's hope he's more like John Elway, and less like Tony Romo.

4. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

People knock his accuracy as if there's a QB in this draft that's more accurate.

Gabbert passes 3 yard dumps every play and still looks awful.

Newton isn't very accurate, either unless the WR is already out of his route.

And I'd say both those guys had much better targets to throw to than Locker did.

I'm not that high on Locker, but he does impress me on tape more than most other guys in this draft outside of Ponder and Stanzi.

5. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

I'd be more then happy if the QB we take turns out to play like Romo. He has a career rating of 95.5 and a completion % of 64.1. I'd take that along with Locker's work ethic and leadership.

• High Five High Five x 2
  6. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Yep. Without Romo choking... he'd have a great name.

7. Big Time Titan

Big Time Titan Big Time Titan

I still think that we need to go Defense in the 1st but if we are set on taking a QB there then I'm ok with Locker above Newton or Gabbert.

8. JCBRAVE

Don't be fooled by those stats. Tony Romo is not that good when he needs to be. I'd be real angry if I was a Dallas fan and had to deal with Romo.

9. chamgel2

chamgel2 Starter

The difference is intangibles, leadership, toughness, etc....that is why I said I'd love it if Locker would put up those #s, he has the intangibles that you look for in a QB to not fall apart with the game on the line every time.

10. TheSureThing

TheSureThing Straight Cash Homie

Newton, Locker, or Mallett for me...All else are busts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar