Jags @ Titans Postgame Thread

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by TitanJeff, Nov 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Titan_4Good.

Titan_4Good. Guest

I hope that the Big suits saw what happen and,what's is going to keep happening if they don't get Big Haynesworth the money to keep him in TN. Terrible performance by our Defense.

2. Ewker

Ewker Starter

this is for the folks that went to the game..what did you think about the rewind bit where it showed the Titans embarassing the Jags in a game..seems to me that would fire up the Jags more than they already were. The folks where I sit thought was one of the dumbest things they could show.

3. GoTitans3801

GoTitans3801 Forward Progress!

But I thought he was a wizard?

Does anyone have the picture? The Wendy one will do...

4. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

I watched the Jags bench while they were showing that, and they were all glued to the jumbotron...I think it backfired on the Titans...

5. Hoffa

Hoffa Freak you you freakin' freak

The offense played the same yesterday as they have all season. 13 points has been enough to win with the Defense playing lights out.
    We would have ZERO wins this year if not for the D...they should be able to have one off game and the offense pick up the slack, but this offense is the most lethargic in the NFL right now and can't carry their load.

6. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

The jags are good! They are a tough team that is very similar to us in many ways. They made some great calls, executed when they needed it most and made plays. Their defense is as good as ours. Their coaching staff is as good as ours. Their running backs are better than ours. I see post after post that is blinded by this moronic idea that we are some stud team; NFL royalty or something and the only way we could have lost is some freak of nature. No we lost because our opponent kicked our butts and there is no one guy or one thing to blame!

They made great calls. Grey is not a running QB and that bootleg run call was brilliant. Faked us completely and executed perfectly. Give them a little credit. The jags are at least as good as we are and they were more motivated and better prepared.

7. Carpy

Carpy Disgruntled foreign veteran

After reading some of this **** I'm tempted to get myself banned so I don't have to read such crap.

When we drafted Young, every man and his dog didn't expect him to see the field for at least 2 years. Under those circumstances, he wouldn't have had any of the experience he has had to date.

Vince got way too much credit for the success we had between the mid-point of last season and now, and he is getting way too much blame for our current struggles.

We had 12 drives yesterday. On 8 of those 12 drives we had at least 1 negative play (either sack, penalty(s) or negative rush). This is not an offense that can handle that. Our O-Line played one of the worst games I have seen from them in a long time.

On defense, Jacksonville converted 7 of 9 times when faced with 1 3rd or 4th and short. That was the story of the game and the most glaring example of how we missed Albert. We hold them to 50% conversion and this game is a lot closer. 3 of their 4 TDs came on drives when they went for it and converted on 4th and short. Our defense needs to stop them there.

8. Childress79

Childress79 Loungefly ®

Great posts RollTide & Carpy.

There are some good people missing from this board of late. I suspect it's because of the level of immaturity & bickering which is going on here at the moment.

Gut & the rest you are missed.

Social groups like this go in cycles in terms of member input. If you feel this board has lost it's identity & is no longer a great place to visit don't let it make you part of the problem.

If you don't like a member or a members posts put them on ignore. I'm just a rookie here but I've been a Titans /Oilers fan for 20 years. This is the best Titans board on the net & I'm not interested in going anywhere else.

Some have been part of this board throughout it's various incarnations since 99'/00'. The core of this board hasn't changed & will be here through thick & thin. They are the ones who make this board special. They welcome any genuine like minded people.

Fools come & go quickly & the mood of the board ebbs & flows with them. It's up to the regulars to police negative people with intelligent & mature posts. We can help moderate the board by showing low tolerance to haters.

Good posts like Carpy's & RollTide's are how we do it.

Feel free to put me on ignore now.:))

9. TitanJeff

TitanJeff Kahuna Grande Staff

I don't understand the focus on Young. This was a total team meltdown and mainly due to losing the battles on both sides of the line of scrimmage.

I'm a lot more concerned about why the Titans played uninspired football with so much on the line than anything Young did or didn't do.

10. RollTide

RollTide All-Pro

Good point jeff,

A win yesterday would have been golden with the colts losing. We would have been right there because the colts are having a similar situation now that we had in 01 with injuries. The colts started half a football team yesterday and a win combined with that colts loss would have put us on track to win that division but our team didn't play like we wanted it.

A side note on albert haynesworth. Our defense was 30th against the run last year with albert starting 11 games. We were 22nd against the run with albert starting almost every game in 05. The jags were 6th in the nfl in rushing offense. They are good at that. That's what they do best. The jags run on almost everyone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar