Jags switching to all-black uniforms

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CRUDS, Feb 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

If Nike gets 1/3 of the teams to make changes to their threads within the next 5 years, you will still notice the difference. Regardless of if it's the steelers or the Seahawks. Certain teams of course are going to be more hardheaded and view their look classically. Thus they won't want to change, but teams still searching for an identity most definitely will be open to ideas.

2. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Uh...

How long ago was that and how often did they wear that uni?

Nice try, though.

3. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

If you think 1/3 of the league is going to go "Oregon/Maryland" dramatic you're off your rocker..
    Moreover many of the teams that do change would have changed regardless of who makes the uniforms..

4. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Your words were "Nike doesn't want to rehash what they got".. What else could that possibly imply..
    I assure you Kahn will ask Nike to present ideas, but he's going to make the call.
    I don't recall whether or not their stadium is branded with old logos etc, but this will matter as well. The Bengals changed their sht a few years back but left the helmets alone because every seat in that stadium has that helmet embossed on the back.

5. Clark

It's hardly a secret the team chooses the unis dudes, don't be so holier than thou with what you "think" I implied. I was speaking of nike bringing ideas and pushing them to teams, but of course the teams makes final call, so if you want to play the one up role, sure you win that one based on my wording assuming people understood the basics.

6. Clark

I never said anything along the lines of nikes crazier outfits. So don't bother.

7. Deuce Wayne

Deuce Wayne NOW Y'ALL GET THE MESSICH?!

Maryland is Underarmour... for what it's worth. Nike hasn't produced anything THAT bad yet.

And what you'll see is NFL uniforms becoming more like this:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Modern stripes, modern fits, piping everywhere, etc...

Some teams will stay the same. Pittsburgh, Packers, etc... just like teams such as the Sooners, Ohio State, UT (both) etc do in college. Others that haven't had the same lame template for 300 years will change and experiment though.

8. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

Holier than thou..
    You're having an imaginary conversation obviously.

9. CRUDS

CRUDS Moderator Staff

That was going to happen anyway. And in another five years who knows what the trend will be - and it certainly may not be in line with the sillier sets of the last decade. Remember the 80's. Everyone thought teal and pink was here to stay. That Panthers logo they just ditched looked modern at one time..
    And the old-style classics will always be popular regardless of whatever trend is happening that minute..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar