Jack Doyle

Discussion in 'Tennessee Titans and NFL Talk' started by greenwheel, Sep 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Finnebosch

Finnebosch I am vengeance.

Conventional wisdom says that it takes about 3-4 years for a wide receiver to catch on in the NFL. As Thompson is a TE which is basically a WR/OL hybrid player at it's core I think it's fair to give him as much time as much time as it would to prefect his routes as a WR would.

Tell Jared Cook that.

Also you do understand that we are a team that is going to live and die with our running game don't you; it seems to me having good run blockers is important.

Doyle had so much upside that he went undrafted so I'm going to disagree with you on that count. Thompson is a much better athlete then Doyle is and for all of his upside the FO wanted to keep Quinn Johnson on the roster over Jack Doyle.

Now this isn't to say Doyle won't turn out to be a good player but most likely we will be just fine without him. It sucks that we lost him as I wanted us to keep him but the sky isn't falling and it won't be the end of the world.

• High Five High Five x 1
  2. Clark

Clark #ShoutboxAlley4Life

To be honest I have to disagree and I'm a Doyle fan. Doyle was a good underneath target. He was never going to be a seam runner. Thompson has the ability to become a seam runner. And I've already accepted the fact that we spent a 5 rounder on him and he has already become one of the most flashy blockers in the game... The dude mauls people. Even in today's game, there a spot on each roster for a couple guys like that.

3. Upright7

Upright7 Special Teams Standout

I am rooting for Thompson, so I hope I have to eat my words. He is a good blocker, but just because he blew someone up on 1 special teams play last season doesn't make him an "elite blocker" or "one of the most flashy blockers in the game". The dude is huge and had a 40 yard running start on that special teams block. He could have blown up an offensive linemen with a 40 yard running start. Craig Stevens is a great blocker who can catch the ball. It didn't take him 3-4 years to figure it out either. It took a couple of years for the coaches to give him a shot in the passing game, but he came up with catches. I like guys who are more NFL ready coming out of college and I don't like 1/3 of our TE's being projects even if 1/3 is only 1 player.

• High Five High Five x 1
  4. Clark

Huh? Naw go watch the dude in the game. He's made more than that one block buddy.

5. Clark

More nfl ready... In the 5th round. Riiiight

6. Upright7

I'm not saying TT can't block, but "one of the most flashy blockers in the league" has yet to be earned. Stevens is as good if not a better blocker. We need a DE and TE and FS in the first 3 rounds next year IMO.

7. Upright7

Didn't we trade up to get Thompson? What did he cost us?

8. Clark

A 7th.... :D

9. Clark

Anyone want to compare what we spent on Cook??

10. Clark

For those that don't remember. We traded up in the third, and gave the pats our second the next season.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  • Welcome to goTitans.com

Established in 2000, goTitans.com is the place for Tennessee Titans fans to talk Titans. Our roots go back to the Tennessee Oilers Fan Page in 1997 and we currently have 4,000 diehard members with 1.5 million messages. To find out about advertising opportunities, contact TitanJeff.
  • The Tip Jar

For those of you interested in helping the cause, we offer The Tip Jar. For $2 a month, you can become a subscriber and enjoy goTitans.com without ads.

Hit the Tip Jar